Great Canoe Reads

Northern Dancer

Sometimes I just want to read - *something simple without a lot of impressive language skills. Sort of like, "meat and potato" stuff - nothing fancy, just something downright satisfying.

So, if that describes you, ya just gotta read the Gary Paulsen books. Ya, I know, they're for teens. But what the heck, I was a teen at one time, and on occasion, I like to think I can think the way I did then. :Smile2:

* Don't get me wrong - these are very well written.

3697 3698 3699 3700

Northern Dancer

Not exactly a canoe read but a good read just the same.
In the early 1900s, the isolated little settlement of Traverspine was the scene of an extraordinary haunting by large creatures none could identify. Adam Shoalts, a decorated modern-day explorer and an expert on wilderness folklore, picks up the trail from a century ago and sets off into the Labrador wild to investigate the tale. It is a spine-tingling adventure, straight from a land steeped in legends and lore, where Vikings wandered a thousand years ago and wolves and bears still roam free.

Roybrew

I like Adam Shoalts. I got his book Beyond The Trees and haven't read much of it. I slack off for a month or maybe year or two. I don't read many books. I made a note of that one you just mentioned ND.
Roy

(The Great Outdoors)