Grilled Pita Bread Pizza

LittleLady

Has anyone ever made pizza on the grill while camping? We were introduced to it last year and love it! Thought I'd share for anyone interested. It's so simple, and of course can be changed to your liking.

1 Package Pita bread.
1 14 oz. pizza sauce.
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese.
Any other toppings you like... We do pineapple and ham mostly.

How to Prepare:
Place pita bread on hot grill and toast to desired doneness. Turn over, add pizza sauce, cheese and any other toppings you desire. Grill till cheese melts.

Footprints

That sounds really good and easy. We haven't ever tried it, but now I want to. Thanks for the idea. I'll report back once we've made them :)

oldmangunner

That sounds delicious and looks like it would be a pretty simple meal to prepare while you are on a camping trip too. I know my kids would really enjoy having something like that when camping.

Ilovelife

I like to bring both pepperoni and Parmesan cheese on camping trips. They are both easy to store with out having to worry if they go bad. That, and some marinara or pizza sauce in a can, I don't like to take glass jars.

HikingGuy

Thanks for sharing that. I am going to take that with us camping, the kids would love that for sure. Most toppings are really easy to take with you.

Bob

I was camping with a guy several years back in Tennessee. He made a smoked duck pizza on the grill. Not your typical pizza fare, but I was open-minded about it. It was the BEST!

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
I was camping with a guy several years back in Tennessee. He made a smoked duck pizza on the grill. Not your typical pizza fare, but I was open-minded about it. It was the BEST!
Duck is a very good dish :).