Grumpy Old Men/Women Social Thread

Cappy

Well this grumpy ole coot spent his Sunday morning with a shovel in his hands hadda unearth the sewer plugs and snake a clog outa the pipe with a water hose. NOT one of my favorite honey-do's. by noon I had the fragrant task done and back filled, was putting up da shoven and coiling the hose when a joyus thing happened it started raining:tinysmile_fatgrin_t Yall know what that means in my world :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

wvbreamfisherman

LOL Cappy- just spent the last hour figuring why the clothes dryer quit working. Turns out that the thermal cutoff was burnt out....seems that my daughter hadn't cleaned the lint trap the last time or two she'd run the dryer....grrrr.

On the bright side, its a cheap part and easily bypassed to get the wet clothes I'd just washed finished. Sundays are SUCH fun....

Cappy

After Peg checked the bedroom ceiling for leaks:tinysmile_tongue_t: she decided to take a nap. Here it is 3 beers later and things are looking up. Acording to the radar the rain will be letting up soon and we off to lowes to pick up some new plastic totes for the camper. Do NOT get those cheap doller store things cause they fall apart in a year or 2. Since our favorite chineese place is next door to the lowes I figure das gona be supper.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t Gotta love a Chinese buffet on the gulf coast. shrimp, crawfish, crab all cooked several ways including boiled:tinysmile_fatgrin_t Oh they have the other stuff too but WHO CARES!!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

MacGyver

Now this is funny, at least to me. The navigation is a bit different on this forum than the others I'm on, and I just discovered all kinds of unread posts. So I'm resurrecting this one to say I was calling myself the founding father of The Future Grouchy Old Farts of America back when I was in my 30s. So here I am, now "close to 60" and it's definitely turning out that I am, indeed, pretty grouchy. It must be true - my mother, 80 years young, just got me a sweatshirt for my birthday. Right across the front, in bold letters: "The Grouch". My tolerance for people gets less and less every day. I'm convinced that the average person is just stupid, self-centered and has got all their priorities in the wrong places. I guess that's why camping and fishing have always been my safe haven. With a few good people, or by myself, it's unwind time.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, I guess you'll fit right in. I have found that the grouchier I become, the harder it is to offend me. Although, this may be causal. No one wants to approach me.

Grandpa

I think i have mellowed out in my old age. Once I realized you can't fix stupid, I have become more tolerant of those less fortunate . Of course that includes anyone who doesn't think just like me or likes the foods I like. My list of friends really shrinks every fourth year. Now where is that "tongue in cheek" icon.

MacGyver

I have found that the grouchier I become, the harder it is to offend me.
It's hard to offend me personally - in fact, I love a good cheap shot. That's a lot of the fun of camping with the same guys for so many years - we sit and jab at each other without end. Same dumb jokes, same cheap shots, year after year, and all we do is laugh. But, among other things, watching the politically correct crowd tear down common sense in this country annoys me to no end. We're just stupid!

The year we were offended by everything

ppine

Forester
There is a band from Montana called Grumpy Old Men. Bluegrass style alt country music and very talented.

The secret to being able to do what you want is to keep moving. If you to be able to hike when you are 80, you have to work at it and hike when when you are 79.

Many old people get grumpy because they sit around and don't do much. Then they get out of shape and don't feel well.

There is a trail club in the valley. I go to their meetings once in awhile. They build trails and raise money for new ones. Many of the members are of German and Swiss decent and are well over 80.

Roybrew

I think most of the bands I listened to when I was young are old farts now. Yeah I'm going to be one of those grumpy old men one of these days. I'll carry a cane and break wind when ever I want, and speak very loudly about my political beliefs, and..... crap! I sound like me Dad. I better go check on him tomorrow.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I like a lot of different kinds of music including some really old stuff by Bach and Mozart. My favorite rock bands are AC/DC and Motorhead. I guess that makes me an old guy. However, recently my nine year old nephew heard some AC/DC and became an instant fan. He borrows my tapes and CDs. I guess there's some hope that the younger generation won't necessarily turn into a bunch of wussies.

ppine

Forester
I used to work with a guy that said it best. "I only have a certain number of good summers left in me, and I am going to make the most of them." I about to turn 68, backpacking is still on the horizon for awhile longer.