How do I get rid of wasps?

Greatoutdoors

We have a wasp problem. Apparently they have more than one nest built in our metal storage shed. My husband got lucky earlier this week and we managed to take a few of them out with spray. We tried to go back out there today and there are more and these jokers will chase you. How do we get rid of them without getting attacked? My husband was thinking about maybe tossing a bug bomb in there.

ppine

Forester
I had a landscape company for awhile. There are many types of wasps. Most can be controlled with the right spray made for them. Shoot from a distance in calm air like early morning, and be ready to vacate the area. Repeat the next morning.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
the cool early is the best, I agree. They are really calm then, and most of them are on the nest. I like Raid wasp & hornet spray. Get the name brand. Its expensive, but I've used a lot of it. They try to nest behind the vinyl siding on our house every winter, and I usually use a couple of cans along the edges of the chimney. Its powerful stuff.

oldsarge

I like the foaming spray. Once it hits, it foams up to cover a larger area. Plus it has a long reach like most of the other brands. Just be careful of the breeze, you don't want this stuff raining down on you. Early morning hours when it's cool out is a good time to get close to the nest. Wasps are a little lethargic and slow moving even after they are stirred up a bit.

carmen

Foam is great but fire works too, pending you are not trying to remove them from say your attic. We have used this butter stuff before but I think that was only for bees in our area. Do you know what type of wasp it is?

Greatoutdoors

I have no idea what kind they are they just look like wasps to me. We ended up trying the bug bombs and we got some spray. Some of them were STILL alive after the bug bomb! They were moving slow after that thoguh and we got the rest of them with the spray. I am so thankful it has been too hot to let the kids play out though. They constantly run up to the building and pound on the door. The largest of what ended up being four nests was on that door.