I miss mountain biking

BigSur

I used to go mountain biking a lot when I was younger because I hated riding on the roads. I want to get back into it again so I can smell the fresh air, get great exercise, and just feel good about life in general.

What do you like about mountain biking?

campclose

I don't do this but my kids do. They tell me that they like the adventure of it. They like that they have to think when they are riding. I like riding on the streets - all I have to do is pedal.

Bojib

I used to go Mountain Biking quite a bit back a decade or so ago. It was definitely fun. I always liked to see how much I improved in my abilities by making it up trails that were previously too difficult.

I had a good group to ride with too, and that make it that much more enjoyable.

I haven't been in a long time now. We all grew up and moved our separate ways, and I just lost interest.

RingTwist

I haven't been mountain biking in years. It can be fun, especially since you have to watch more carefully for obstacles. I live in a very flat area, though, so probably even little hills would be a big challenge now.

Stargazer

One of our local state parks has a few trails that are great for cross country biking. There are lots of hills and obstacles to try your jumping skills. I am looking forward to doing some biking with my son next year. I started teaching him basic skills this year and promised to hit the trails with him next summer.

Dougdad

archeryaddict
I do too, and I miss it, partly because my bike is wore out and generally junk (thanks to the kids) and I just don't have the time I used to have. Guess I should just break down and buy a new one and hit the trails as often as I can find time too...

IndianaHiker

I miss the trips to the ER from mountain biking. The mountain bike used to put me there more than the dirt bike. Lots of pretty nurses there.

Shirley4ever

Craziness is driving a bike and the best time to stare off when we are going on maximum speed.. Nomadic way of life... I have never tried mountain biking..