In 2017...

Grandpa

The Great Trail? Guessing somewhere in the 4000 mile range since it wanders back and forth ocean to ocean.

Northern Dancer

...hi Grandpa - trust all is well in your neck of the woods. Good guess.

THE GREAT TRAIL - The Trans Canada Trail is a 22,500-kilometre [13,981 miles] recreational trail winding its way through every province and territory, from the Atlantic to the Pacific and Arctic Oceans. Opening officially in 2017 [in time for the Nation's 150 year of Confederation], it will be the world's longest recreational trail, linking close to 1000 communities and over 34 million people.

Whether you are looking for a place to hike, cycle, paddle, ride, cross-country ski or snowmobile, you can find an experience that resonates with you.

True to its name, The Great Trail embodies the vastness of our terrain and the diversity of our people.

Grandpa

Al well here Dancer. The snow is creeping closer. Down to about 6000 last night

Hey, I was only off by 1. (1)4000 miles. I'd sure like to hike some of that trail. Especially in the northern Rockies. I'd heard a little about it but had no idea it was that long.

Northern Dancer

...I've hiked just a tad that comes through our neck of the woods. I'm planning to do a lot more eventually.

It's funny that you should be mentioning snow - our temperatures should rise to 26C [78.8F] tomorrow which will set new records for fall weather. In fact environmentalists reported that our National Thanksgiving [October 10th] in this region was the greenest on record. It's all peculiar and though enjoyable a bit scary too.

Grandpa

I don't know much about the weather records. I just know that about every 18-20 years, we pray for rain for 2 or 3 years and in between times we are too busy shoveling to pray for it to quit.