Least Favorite Part of Camping?

Mr.E

I pretty much enjoy camping in all kinds of weather... It can be quite miserable if it's really really hot mostly because I can't stay cool enough to sleep well at night... But it's alright.
Sometimes the mosquitoes and biting flies are abundant, and that can be a problem... But it's usually alright.

Although I can and will be dry (bank on it!) I must say a rainy trip is my least favorite kind. It stinks to have to huddle under the tarp (Once my father, sister, and I stayed over 12 hours under an army poncho... my sister was about 8yrs) all day... It stinks for fire building (although, unless it's a heavy rain, it can be done with a little extra work...)
But the worst part is packing up and bringing home all the wet equipment.... then having to get it all back out and make sure it dries. Lay out every bungee and rope and tarp and tent and let them bake in the sun... unless it's still raining!!! That's a real bummer and gets my vote.

But still, rain camping is way better than no camping at all!

clewand550

Mosquitos are probably one of the worst part of camping. If the mosquitos get pretty bad, there really is no where to run to that will get you away from them. I also am not a big fan of cleaning and packing everything up when it is time to leave.

TroyS

Trying to get the kids all organized and set to go to and leave the campground. Things can get really crazy here at home when it's time to leave, and that becomes even more challenging when it comes time for us to pack up and leave.

hummingbirdee

If you are a camper, you will experience the rain. It never fails. It can be fun, though, sitting under a tarp eating dinner. I have had trouble in the past staying dry in a tent. It is so miserable to get your sleeping bag and everything else wet. When we graduated to a tent trailer, the rain was actually enjoyable. We bring along games for just such an occasion. I love the fresh smell of nature after a rain storm.

btatro

My least favorite part of camping is the bugs. From spiders to mosquitos to lake flies, I am definitely not a fan. I have yet to find an effective mosquito repellent- have used different sprays, candles, sound devices, nothing seems to work.

MissyKitty

I don't really like to go camping in the period of autumn when it is raining a lot and it is starting to get cold. I have nothing against cold, but wet and cold at the same time is not good. I have fallen ill a few times because of this.

Cappy

For me its definately going home. On our last adventure we drug our lil camper up a gravel road through Bayou Country. bout half way up the road started getting muddy and fore we got where we were going we had picked up several hundred lbs of mud and gunk on our suv and camper. The front of the camper had a 6 inch coating on it from the tires. We had a wonderful trip, but 25 dollers at da car wash just to get te mud off then home for a finish wash. The thing is we would do it again in a heart beat the whole muddy mess was a grand adventure.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

kat74

That will be the cooking part especially in rainy days. Since one can not cook under the tent, the rain seems to come immediately I set the fire own and put it out! drives me crazy to do the whole process again, but since family has to eat, they all help and I guess eventually foods get served.

Bojib

My least favorite part of camping is in the summer time when its 90 degrees at night with 120% humidity.