Leaving the Infestation

Northern Dancer

I went to Pog Lake.
The terrain was spectacular with mature trees and breathtaking sights.
The lake itself was inviting and the water warm and soothing.
The campsites were dotted with large trees of different sorts and sufficient bush.
The ground was mostly sandy and flat.
It's a great place.
Except for one thing.
It was smothered with huge recreation vehicles of every sort.
To make matters worse the trailers were adorned with outside decorations
that shattered the natural beauty and gave the place a carnival appearance.
I felt that my tent, expensive as it is, represented a small crudely built shack
and my campsite the makings of a shanty town.

Give me my pack and paddle.
Let me leave this infestation and let me set up a tent near forest, lake, and river.

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
Fortunately, I don't have to deal with mobile homes, especially when camping.
Long ago I decided to leave the camper congestion/rat race problems behind and take my tent places that they cannot go. If there is another camper within a quarter mile, or more; I am not doing it right.
If there are; hookups, public shower, public facilities of any kind you will not find me there.
If four wheel drive is not required; or there is cell/wi-fi service you are unlikely to see me, in the area.

The interstate is only used to leave "civilization" behind at higher speeds. Super aggressive, high traction mud tires are a bit nosier though!

Enjoy!

Northern Dancer

Fortunately, I don't have to deal with mobile homes, especially when camping.
Long ago I decided to leave the camper congestion/rat race problems behind and take my tent places that they cannot go. If there is another camper within a quarter mile, or more; I am not doing it right.
If there are; hookups, public shower, public facilities of any kind you will not find me there.
If four wheel drive is not required; or there is cell/wi-fi service you are unlikely to see me, in the area.

The interstate is only used to leave "civilization" behind at higher speeds. Super aggressive, high traction mud tires are a bit nosier though!

Enjoy!
----->Well written. I salute you "HJ" and raise a mug of Manischewitz, or make that a cup of coffee if you want to.

ppine

Forester
I only visit the popular places in the shoulder season or off season.
Getting away from people takes acquired skills. I have been in a local campground near my house that is open all year and been that only person there. I was accompanied by my dog and two Great Horned Owls. That's it.
I like using a travel trailer in the colder weather. But only tents can get to the back country and down the remote rivers.

ppine

Forester
What's next Boone's Farm, Mateus, Mad Dog 20/20, Thunderbird, Red Mountain wine and Southern Comfort?