Leaving Tonight

Roybrew

Going camping and fishing for 4 days. Got important stuff ready like boat, fishing gear, 9 dozen minnows and my favorite little debbies. Rain expected tomorrow, but what else is new. Even got new trolling motor battery, the old one was almost 8 years old.

Roybrew

Got to the lake at 1:30 am Thursday. We had so much stuff piled in the boat that I didn't bother to put up my navigation lights. Weren't any other idiot on the lake that time of night anyhow. It was overcast and rain predicted, oh boy did it rain, we took our time getting to the camping spot where my brother was set-up and already sound asleep, but like a motel 6 he left a latern burning for us. I quickly put up my 10 x 10 canopy. Up went my hammock and tarp, threw my pad in it and was nice and comfy by the time my buddy got through struggling with his tent.
Woke to daylight, brewed a pot of coffee and hit the lake fishing. The camp table I made last year was sure nice to cook on and got plenty of use. My brother cooked bacon and eggs for lunch, and I cooked the chicken later that evening. We sat around the fire all Thursday afternoon hoping the rain would stop. My brother and friend swapped stories of turkey and deer hunting while we fed and poked the fire to keep it burning. I stepped on one of my guy lines to my hammock rain fly and ripped it loose, so I bunked with my brother in his tent for the night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Roybrew

Friday morning brought clear skies and lifted our spirits. We caught a few fish, but was short of spectacular. The Osprey had chicks in their nests, and got a little irritated with us when we got to close. We had a nice hot fire that evening and the next. Little bit cooler at night but drier.

Cappy

Wonderful pics. many thanks for them. Looks like a good trip. Sometimes the rainy hang around the camp site trips can bring out the best fellowship aint nothing wrong with that.:beer3:

Roybrew

Yes sir, a rainy day does just that. I enjoyed hearing the hunting stories. My brother and the buddy I work with, exchanged phone numbers before we left. Getting hard to find others that enjoy getting out and doing those things.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Been there and done that in a different place but with the rain (same fishing results). Had a great time too. God bless ya.

ppine

Forester
Getting out there is half the battle. When I was younger we sometimes left for trips after work on Friday night, sometimes even at midnight. Now I travel like an old fart. Then I don't get so tired and can stay out longer.