Managing the current economy?

sarahlorrain

Is everyone weathering the current economy OK? I hope nobody has been laid off. My aunt told me the other day they laid off some people in her company and gave everyone a 5% pay cut. She's getting pretty nervous. So far, we're OK and aren't having any trouble paying our bills and such. I pray it stays that way!

HereToday

I kind of hate to mention it when so many people are worried about their jobs, but my husband just got made full time with benefits at his job. He works at our parish Catholic church, and the sad fact is that the worse it gets for folks, the more job security he has.

rubybeetle

It has been okay for us. I'm planning a bigger garden this year to help save money and I'm also adding more chickens for more eggs. :)

HereToday

Yes, it helps to be proactive that way. A nice big harvest of veggies isn't going to go to waste. If you can't can all of them or give all you have to friends, food banks will take your surplus.

mom2manyboyz

I know the economy is poor, but luckily it hasn't crunched our family yet. I've always been a bit frugal, we live well on less than $30,000 a year and have enough to put several hundred extra toward our home loan each month. I garden to save money on food also.

sarahlorrain

We will be having a garden this year too. We haven't done one the past couple of years because they are so much work, but because of finances we really dont' have much choice this year.