Minnesotans age 16 or older fish free with kids Jan. 13-15

jason

fear no beer
Take a Kid Ice Fishing Weekend is this Saturday, Jan. 13, through Monday, Jan. 15.

During the weekend, Minnesota residents age 16 or older can fish or dark-house spear without an angling or spearing license if they take a child younger than 16 fishing or spearing.

“Ice fishing is a fun way to get outdoors in the winter,” said Jeff Ledermann, angler recruitment and retention supervisor with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. “This weekend is a way to encourage anglers to get out and take a kid fishing.”

Before heading out, anglers or spearers should check ice conditions locally. Visit http://bit.ly/TakeaKidIceFishingWeekend for ice thickness guidelines and more information about taking kids fishing.

Cappy

We have fish free weekends down here too. I guess its a good way to get families into the out doors. The best thing ya can do for a 16 year old kid is buy him a life time licence he will carry it his whole life and think fondly of you for doing it.

BeJimmieWew

the line looks good, I really do like the organic progression of it

on another note, I should invite both Jan Jan and Altieri to Jamaica......I think theyd both enjoy it there......