My new tent

swebob

Just ordered my Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe today.. WOOT!! WOOT!!

Saved on free shipping and a free $10 dollar gift card. Cant wait to set it up..

Judy Ann

I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. Do you plan to put a tarp beneath it to protect your floor?

swebob

I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. Do you plan to put a tarp beneath it to protect your floor?

Yes on plan on it.. I used a tarp beneath my old tent and even put astro turf runners on the inside.. This tent is going to be luxury compared too my 4 man dome tent..

Last edited:

TakeAHike

We just bought a bigger tent this past summer and the extra room is really nice. There is actually room to move around and stow our gear. We keep a tarp under ours too.

Scotty

Wow! Congratulations! That's awesome. I love to buy outdoor stuff in the winter, you can get the best deals on the off season. I found a Coleman Taos mummy style sleeping bag (body bag:D), at a clearance outlet near us for twenty bucks. I almost did it but then I remembered how many Christmas presents I still have to buy and didn't.

Grandpa

Excellent choice Swebob. The Kodiaks and Springbars are the current cadillacs in the tent world. Put it away dry each time and you can pass it down to your grandkids someday. I'd love to have one but gotta make all the tents I've got do for now.

swebob

Kodiak has come out this fall with a new version called the VX , they have added a triangle shape window with netting on each side.
6041 » Kodiak Canvas

I never like to by something when its first introduced and they have made changes. I just have concern of things failing. Yes its extra ventilation but more netting to get damaged and 4 more zippers. I think adding more windows take away some durability from having solid side walls. Competitive edge products is the only one selling this now.

alvin65

I purchased same tent few months ago and really like it. They are super simple to set up with just one person and I am 6'3" and can stroll around on the within. We purchased it from Cabelas.

ppine

Forester
Swebob,
Now you can be comfortable and happy for long periods of time in the outdoors. Way to go.

I would like to share an idea. I like to set up my canvas tents in the winter in the backyard because I miss being in them. How about a party to celebrate your new tent? Choose a month like Jan or Feb. Invite all of your outdoorsy family and friends. Build a fire in the stove and outside. Cook some food. Maybe order a keg of beer. It is one of the great things to do in winter. Welcome to the club.

I like to hang a sign from the old Chris Le Doux song "Fve dollar fine for whining."

Last edited: