Need some Recipe for cooking a campfire?

Anderson

I needed some recipe for the cooking campfire. I will be fed 12 people at a time.
Thanks a lot

Grandpa

Could use some more information on equipment. Using dutch ovens, there are as many recipes as there are cooks. No dutch ovens, foil dinners are simple and easy. It all depends on what cooking utensils you have available.

If you don't have a lot of experience with campfire cooking,, foil dinners are good. When we have a herd of people, everyone fixes their own. Grandma and helpers lay out a bunch of hamburger patties, various sliced veggies and an assortment of seasonings. Just spread out a piece of foil, add a hamburger patty, sliced taters, carrots, onions, or whatever, season to your own liking, wrap it up and throw it in the fire. Use a tongs to turn it after a few minutes. If you really want to get fancy, after you wrap it up tight the first time, wrap it again in newspaper, wet the newspaper good and wrap that with another layer of foil. The wet newspaper helps distribute the heat so you don't have burn spots.

Roybrew

Wow 12 people, at the same time. I would say at least one person to a campfire, or if they are small people, like kids, then you might be able to get 2 of them on 1 spit..... Oh you mean feed 12 people, sorry I'm just poking fun at your grammar. I can't say much tho I grew up speaking English and I can't even pass English classes, go figure.

I would agree with jason and Grandpa. But I would use either 2 campfires, or an elongated one. 2 Dutch ovens, maybe rice or vegetables or taters and onions, and a stew in one or something like that. The thing about 2 dutch ovens is that you can have 2 separate things cooking. If you all are cooking your food on a stick, then 2 campfires be easier for 12 people to sit around.

There is 9 people in my family. I couldn't tell you how many times someone had a melted marshmallow stuck on their back, or in their hair and some were flaming to. We survived and makes great stories.

Have to get out and do it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk