Old Bay Seasoning

dinosaur

troublemaker
Last Saturday which, incidentally, was my birthday, I went down to my pond with a buddy to see if the bluegill were bedding. They weren't although we did get some along with a few bass. Not really enough for a good dinner so we went over to another pond and waited for the muskrats. It didn't take long before we spotted one, popped him and retrieved him, cleaned him and had him ready to cook.

I poured some olive oil into a big frying pan, covered the rat with Old Bay, dropped the cover on the pan and fry-roasted him. He was delicious. I never even cooked the fish.

Old Bay is good stuff.

ppine

Forester
I grew up on Chesapeake Bay and Old Bay is what Maryland blue crabs are always cooked in it. I have never been without it since moving away. It is good on all seafood including, tuna, crab, lobster, and any kind of fish or bivalves. It come in several sizes in the yellow tin with red lettering made in Baltimore. Now there is a Cajun recipe which has more red peppa in it.

ppine

Forester
We are having some crab cocktails on Christmas Eve. I will be using the left over crab meat to make crab cakes. There is a great recipe on the back of the Old Bay tin and that is the one I always use.