Outdoor Plates and Bowl recommendations?

Would a '2-in-1' plate-bowl / a bowl that collapses flat for storage be useful ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Isaac1234567

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what food serving items you buy when you go outdoors. What do you like about it / don't like.

I was considering making myself this plate that turns in to a bowl and vice versa. Or a bowl that collapses flat for storage and was wondering if this would be practical.

Thanks in advance,

Northern Dancer

Welcome to the site Isaac.

Food Serving Items, like other equipment, is a matter of choice. Usually decided on when one determines the kind of camp/canoe experience they plan to engage. I have more than one "mess kit" and a "utensils kit" I use based on where I am going and how long I plan to stay out. As I often point out to my colleagues "there is no best" it is more about the application.

I like to hear that people are "making" - in your case a plate that turns into a bowl -sort of like the spork idea. Give it a crack, you never know, there are people prepared to try new gizmos and gadgets.

A picture would be great.

ppine

Forester
We started with Boy Scout cook kits around 1960. I still have one. You can bring stuff from home or buy fancy stuff if you want.