Pipe smokers?

Cappy

Any ole timers our avid outdoors person enjoy sitting by the camp fire contemplatively puffing a pipe like their ancestors did?

ppine

Forester
I tried it when studying forestry back in the 1970s. Then one day I realized I was in some of the cleanest freshest air on Earth and breathing tobacco smoke. I quit and never went near it again.

Cappy

I tried it like 35 years ago. My father, grand father, and a couple of daddies brothers all smoked pipes. I have many fond memories about sitting in the woods over a camp fire or cooking fire visiting with them while they were having coffee or something and telling tales. So I always said I would give it a try when I turn 65 I do that tomorrow. I ordered the stuff to get started puffing and reminiscing and a flood of memories came back to me. I do not inhale but do get a lil second hand smoke I am very careful cause I was a nicotine addict. It was very hard to quit smoking 22 years ago anyways to me it is relaxing and has helped me immensely in learning patience again. Just loading the pipe is a process and you can't puff it like a freight train or it will burn your tongue and mouth, and taste bad. Again a study in patience. For me it has been down right therapeutic. I was just wondering if I was the only one among us or not. I have stories about my pipe smoking family so it was worth a try.

Roybrew

Oh I love pipes! I grew up smoking cigars and pipes. I even chewed and dipped tobacco. Once my employer started to hit tobacco users with an extra 100$ per month surcharge for insurance, I figured I was done. My wife never liked it and it was one of those things we don't talk about. Nothing better then good smoke and cup of coffee. I never liked cigarettes tho. I do miss my tobacco, but I'm to scared to even harbor the thought of it. It wouldn't take much and I'd be hooked again.
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Northern Dancer

When I visited my Grandfather back when we use to have a heart-to-heart talk. He would sit comfortably in his high back chair, take out a plug of tobacco, cut small pieces off with his pen knife, pack the pipe, light it up, take a deep draw, and then there would be this sweet-smelling aroma that permeated the air. He would sit back and listen intently to my conversation.

Thanks for bringing back the memory Cappy.

Cappy

I guess I am a weirdo I tried dip, chew, and cigars and didn't care for it just couldn't tolerate tobacco in my mouth dip got all kin my teeth and such, since I normally have a very moist mouth with very active spit glands I would have to spit alot and cigars and such kept my mouth very wet and well...unpleasant and only cigars I enjoyed were the small tipped ones. I quit all tobacco for 22 years but now that I hit 65 I went with a pipe by far the best for me I don't inhale...much. and I enjoy the flavor and taste with out what for me is mouth yuck.

ppine

Forester
I earned to chew Red Man after high school working on a road construction crew. Bees, wasps, and hornets followed me around so I gave it up.

Cappy

I found REALLY COOL LIGHTER at the doller store. it lights every click,a and very good in wind and such any one else use this?