Planning Short R&R

Roybrew

I couldn't find anyone that could accompany me on a river trip, due to work and other engagements, at least I hope it ain't nothing against me. So I've decided on going solo to the hills for some trout. Unfortunately it is in an established camp area, due to my wife's wishes and when I promised her years ago after my vehicle got vandalized, that I wouldn't go out in middle of nowhere camping alone. There about 7 primitive camp sites with a pit toilet only, and sits on a great trout stream.
I haven't been trout fishing in a decade or so. I am laying out my trout stuff to clean off the cobwebs.
I even have some brand new sulfur flies that I never used. Yes haw!

ppine

Forester
I go on lots of trips with just my dog now. Many people in my age group are still working or do not have the energy to go on trips. Never let it stop you .

Roybrew

No sir, I don't plan on it stopping me. I just hope all the sites aren't taken when I get there. There is a small lake, bottom left in picture, this is Indian Boundary lake, it is mostly reserved and for rv's. Getting harder to find primitive campsites. It may be peak fall color time to.

Grandpa

Old age and cancer hasn't stopped me. I've shortened the mileage down from 10 + to 5-6 miles per day but I just keep going. So many beautiful places I still haven't seen.

Roybrew

5 to 6 miles per day, sounds like you doing better than most of the people I work with. I am hoping to be like my dad, he's 83 and still going except his knees are just worn out. Like my wife's grandma used to say "don't ever stop for to long or someone may start shoveling dirt on ya".

Roybrew

Not bad here. Citico creek in the Cherokee national forest. Not a soul around, of course a little help eating this chicken would be nice. Yeh man, now that's roughing it. No cell service either. Going to get me some trout today. Going to get back down in that hollar.

Roybrew

Saved a couple of pieces for breakfast next day. Wasn't bad either. After a hot cup of coffee to warm my innereds, I put together fly rod and took of for some trout. Fished for a couple of hours and then switched to spin cast rod. These creek trout spook very easy, so I had to sneak into the honey holes. Caught one and let him go, thought maybe good luck, but I think he spread the word to his buddies that I was looking for a meal ha. Lost a few other ones and had some swim up to my spinner and just look at it. Oh well, fried taters and onions, hominy, and grilled broccoli.

Cappy

I usta go trout fishin way up north in the NE corner of Georgia We always made sure we brought some Cajun goodies with us on acounta those lil trout are way better catching than they are eating.

Roybrew

That was the first time I've been in several years. I used to go more often. I like how quiet it is on a nice trout stream. We had the grandson over the other day, and there was a bad storm coming in so I had to bug out early morning. I hate packing a tent and stuff when it's raining.

Roybrew

I love those pictures of the stream.
It was a very clear stream with plenty of deep holes. I figured out real quick that I had to sneak up to the water, or the trout wouldn't bite. I walked through the woods in a few areas just to strategically get close undetected, it was fun.

SharBear

I couldn't find anyone that could accompany me on a river trip, due to work and other engagements, at least I hope it ain't nothing against me. So I've decided on going solo to the hills for some trout. Unfortunately it is in an established camp area, due to my wife's wishes and when I promised her years ago after my vehicle got vandalized, that I wouldn't go out in middle of nowhere camping alone. There about 7 primitive camp sites with a pit toilet only, and sits on a great trout stream.
I haven't been trout fishing in a decade or so. I am laying out my trout stuff to clean off the cobwebs.
I even have some brand new sulfur flies that I never used. Yes haw!

SharBear

Some of my best outdoor adventure have been by myself. Really gives you time to relax and enjoy nature. Just stay safe.