Remains my favorite.

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors

Getting up early and before all others, putting coffee on to get a good perk going, enjoying the aroma and time spent with myself remains to be my favorite time of the day. Whether it's hanging from a hammock or picking my old self up from a tent floor, even from the back end of the galley of the square drop, this is the time I think of and remember the fondest. This makes me yearn for tomorrow's morning.

ppine

Forester
thomas,
You know how to appreciate the little things. Later we realize that they were the big things.
Is this the neat little galley of the square drop? Is it a tear drop?

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
thomas,
You know how to appreciate the little things. Later we realize that they were the big things.
Is this the neat little galley of the square drop? Is it a tear drop?
Hi ppine!
You are correct, this is the galley look of our square drop. I like the squaredrop, we are required to live out of it instead of in it. But, all good things have their sting (lol). The water tank is located underneath the camper. There is a skid plate that covers it but that does nothing for the cold. Thus, we can't use the water tank, sink or hot water during freezing weather. Live and learn, I'll now what to look for in our next unit.

Attachments

Cappy

Since I am trying to recoup I been watching lots of you tubes I stumbled across this cowboy dude showing how to perk coffee so I watched him. He put grinds in a percolator and water and set it on a grate over some coals. So far so good. The pot started to perk then he proclaimed that he lets it perk for 3 minutes.o_O I almost fell out of my chair. My pot oerks away for no less than a half hour usually longer. Like you say its a relaxing time watching the coffee perk often I make it in the evening so we just have to warm it the next morning. Course I like strong coffee but 3 minutes??? really ??

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
Since I am trying to recoup I been watching lots of you tubes I stumbled across this cowboy dude showing how to perk coffee so I watched him. He put grinds in a percolator and water and set it on a grate over some coals. So far so good. The pot started to perk then he proclaimed that he lets it perk for 3 minutes.o_O I almost fell out of my chair. My pot oerks away for no less than a half hour usually longer. Like you say its a relaxing time watching the coffee perk often I make it in the evening so we just have to warm it the next morning. Course I like strong coffee but 3 minutes??? really ??
I'm with you Cappy! The minimum I perk coffee is 20 minutes. I want everything out of those fresh ground beans I can get!! Say was the cowboy named, Kent Rollings? If so, I've watched nearly all of his videos. I started to watch when I was looking for information on properly seasoning cast iron. He has some interesting ideas about Chuck wagon food. His cowboy coffee video taught me to pour cold water in your coffee pot and it settles the grounds right to the bottom of the pot, giving you coffee without the mouthful of "snuff!"

Roybrew

Perk for 20 mins or longer?! Gag! That's the way Dad used to make it. Just slice a piece out of the pot and chew on it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Roybrew

I like the dark espresso ground coffees. Crack the beans and run boiling water over them.

Never seen those brands ND. That Cowboy coffee may be made from that tar stuff you get after a coffee bean has been boiled for about and hours or so. Coff coff about like perking it to death. That stuff probably make your hairs stand up and jump off your body.

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
Perk for 20 mins or longer?! Gag! That's the way Dad used to make it. Just slice a piece out of the pot and chew on it.

Now that's funny! I don't remember when the last time I heard someone say GAG! Honestly though, 20+ minute slow perk and the coffee is rich and full of flavor. Just slice a piece out of the pot and chew it...LOL...that's even funnier than gag! Roy, your an outdoorsman AND a comedian, great combination!

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
I like the dark espresso ground coffees. Crack the beans and run boiling water over them.

Never seen those brands ND. That Cowboy coffee may be made from that tar stuff you get after a coffee bean has been boiled for about and hours or so. Coff coff about like perking it to death. That stuff probably make your hairs stand up and jump off your body.

EXPRESSO...well nuts Roy that's just a minute thirty seconds from being slicied and chewed itself! your killing me here!!

Roybrew

Did you walk that coffee before you drank it?

Ha whew boy. Not sure if I'd be sitting next to a camp fire after eating beans and drinking that heavily brewed coffee. What was this thread about anyhow?

Northern Dancer

I think Cappy was mentioning coffee. As for me, I'm easily distracted when it comes to talking about camp and equipment. Did I ever tell you the time I buried a small barrel in the ground?

Roybrew

Digging up the coffee issue. My wife is substituting at the High school today. Here's copy of our text back and forth. My reply is in the blue.Screenshot_20220114-140301~2.jpg yep she likes the thick powerful coffee also.

Northern Dancer

No. Why'd you do that?

-----> You just had to ask, didn't you? :Sneaky:

It was like this. I was trying new ideas. Someone told me they buried their perishables in the ground to keep them fresh. It was a pioneer thing. "Well, let's give it a try, I thought. The ground was difficult of course with all the roots and such. But I did it. So I put my large heavy-duty plastic olive barrel in the ground. I decided to try some new foods this time so I carefully placed my grapes, bananas, margarine, and a couple of cans of pop inside the chamber. I screwed the top on nice and tight to keep bugs out. Later in the evening, I hear this ruckus so Reese and I decided to check on what's going on. I KID YOU NOT. We observed, to our complete amazement, this raccoon carefully unscrewing the top of the barrel until it came off. Likki dee split, he reaches inside and grabs a banana, and he's off and running. So...that ended the experiment. Why would I be eating bananas in the middle of a deciduous forest anyway?