Stone Stiff Bandanas!

Barney

I bought a few cheap bandanas from Rothco since a friend recommended them. Although I usually stay away from cheap Chinese crap these were pretty stiff. There is no way I can wrap them around my head. I tried washing them using softener but nothing. Any ideas?

Benny

I can't imagine how stiff they must be if they are still stiff after washing them with softener. I would have to say that that is a material I would not want on my body, period!

Qweetzy

I wouldn't know what else to do. If the material is that stiff, I don't know what to tell you other than to try to wash it again and again with fabric softener. Try washing it with jeans or some other rough material to see if friction can help any.

Newanderthal

Ditch the bandanas and buy a Buff (buffwear.com). You have no idea how useful those things are until you own one. The Buff is a product that gets people wondering how they ever got along without one.

Barney

Seriously, you can literally kill someone with it how rigid and sharp they are. Rotcho does Chinese things anyways. I should have known better before buying.

Sasha

Wow I would not want these at all. I usually stick to buying in person that way I can feel the material. The last time I bought any was about 5 years ago and I think it is time for new ones!

Barney

Yeah well, it is nice to buy in person but rarely there are designs that I like in my area so I figured, what the heck, why not online.

Bud

Maybe you could fold and roll one up and tie it around your dog's neck like you see people do sometimes. Better yet, just use it to play "rag" with your dog!

Seven

I would send them back if I could. If they are too stiff to put around your head than I don't think their would be many uses for them. The designs are pretty limited here to so I understand that!

Newanderthal

fold it into a crescent shape, starch it, and you'll have a wicked boomerang.

but seriously, I agree with Dinosaur. Buy American.

mccallum

Barney

Go to fabric store and buy a yard of 36 in wide fabic. Cut on an angle. Find a sewing machine and hem edges it will cost a bit more but you have the feel and look you like!! Opps I miss typed the bold above is the correction

As for softening the bandanas you bought; snot rags for a few months; OK not literally maybe but carry them around in a pocket so they rub on themselves and your pocket. As others said wash with abrasive things to aid in the wear of the fabric!!

Last edited:

Joe S.

You could fold one up to make an envelope out of it, then fold any others you have and put them inside the "envelope" with a letter requesting your money back...

BCBabe

I've never encountered a bandana as you describe: it sounds more like a decoration than an item of 'wearables'.

I thought I'd died and gone to heave the day I found one in PINK: commoner now, it blew away all of our buddies when I showed up to a meet-up with my braid bound in it.

I always have a bandana and a ballcap with me when I'm camping, and I was wearing BOTH, in a fashion.