Swimming

SmokeyJoe

I honestly think I would much rather swim in a lake or pond than in a swimming pool. I don't know why, I've just always loved diving off a boat into the lake and kicking around. Of course, I always wear a life vest, because you just never know in the lake, but it's just a great place to swim.

bsmit212

For me the order goes river, lake, pool. Specially in the summer here in GA, it gets so hot and so many pools get hot as well, even the top part of some of the lakes start to warm up, where as the flowing water of the rivers and creeks stay nice and cold.

Pathfinder1

SmokeyJoe;
I honestly think I would much rather swim in a lake or pond than in a swimming pool. I don't know why, I've just always loved diving off a boat into the lake and kicking around. Of course, I always wear a life vest, because you just never know in the lake, but it's just a great place to swim.

Hi...

Kudos for wearing a life vest while swimming. If anyone teases you about it...please...rip out their spleen...!! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

SmokeyJoe

Pathfinder, I don't think I've ever been teased about wearing a life vest. I hang out around a pretty smart bunch, and they all think like I do.....that it's cooler to wear a life vest and be alive, than not wear one and be with the fishies at the bottom of the lake.

Grandpa

Brother and I used to set goals of how much hay to haul or ground to plow, then get an early morning start while it was still cool. When we reached our goal by mid-afternoon it was off to the reservoir for water skiing or fishing. I would always take a good long swim while he followed along with the boat. I did my mile swim for boy scouts in Bear Lake, a large lake on the border of Idaho and Utah. A friend and I took the rowing course and scout lifeguard course. For those we needed a mile in each venue so one rowed while the other swam, then we changed places and the other rowed etc. Oh to be young again and still be able to do that.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

campclose

I don't like ponds! Eek... never know if there are snakes in there. For me it's Ocean - Pool - Lake (clean one), river. I've never wore a life vest when swimming in any body of water.

rayne

Crystal clear lakes or ponds are great for swimming, fishing and recreation. Closer to home, I like my pool and visit it almost every day with a nice brew on the side. My pool is real close to my kitchen, my bathroom and my bed.

twinsmommy

It would be the lake or pool for me. I am not big on swimming in the ocean - slight fear of ocean creatures, or ponds - mostly the same reason.

Waynefire

It depends on the lake. I know the lake right up the street from me was a man made lake and the water is not that well maintained by a current or anything else. So if it is that lake I would take a pool because it is a major algae plant. However, if the water if flowing like at Lake Michigan I would prefer the lake over a pool.

SalRanger2

it goes lake, pool, pond. lake is the best!! no nasty chlorine! pools are ok except all the nastiness floating around and the chlorine to dry me out. any pond ive seen is just nasty stagnant water..lol