That good fall feeling

Simplify

Anyone else here have fall as their favorite season? There is just something about that crisp air that comes in after a long summer. When I lived in New England there were plenty of good memories of fall leaf peeping, drinking apple cider and viewing the cornstalk displays on people's porches.

Cappy

Fall is definitely my favorite season! Living in the extreme south it isn't here quite yet but we are giddy anticipating cooler temps and fun out door activities. For us this is the beginning of our camping, hunting, fishing, etc time that goes from now to April or May. Summer here is the time we stay home and don't do much in the oppressive heat kinda like most yankees do in winter only different.:beer3:

MacGyver

I don't like Summer's heat, humidity and bugs anyway... My job is somewhat seasonal... So Fall is the beginning of me getting out more and more. Cool nights, great colors on the trees and big fires help make for some of the best trips. But I won't say it's my favorite season. Winter is right up there in my book.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I like all seasons but my favorite is a split between Spring and Fall. Spring smells and renewal are hard to beat. If they can be, it's those harvest smells and the leaves burnt by frost on a still 70 degree day in the woods.

Fall might get the tip because it's hunting season.

Simplify

Hunting is definitely a plus. The smell of chimney smoke in the air and the colors makes it a favorite for me.

ppine

Forester
Fall is the magic time around here. The days are relatively warm and dry with little wind. The leaves turn, the fishing picks up and the wildlife becomes very active. It is time to make soup and chili and fire up the wood stove. I will be stacking wood today and out hiking behind the house tomorrow. We have had some snow on the mountains a couple of times. October in particular is the perfect month in Nevada.

Roybrew

We finally have a little frost on roof tops, and this is the first time since April that the gas furnace has been on. The smell of lint and dust burning, and the crisp air gets me in a camping mood also. It's nice to get up and sit at the table by the warmth of the oil lamp, and a hot cup of joe. Sunday mornings are so relaxing.

Cappy

Looks very nice man thanks for sharing we are enjoying the first fall weekend and getting our chores done to be able to head out for our fall camping season.

Grandpa

Some of the kids and grandkids are here for the weekend. We've been hauling in the firewood so grandma and I will be snug and warm this winter. 4 or 5 beetle killed Douglas fir will keep our fires going all winter.

Simplify

Some of my favorite fall memories were viewing the porch decorations in New Hampshire. People would put corn stalks around their porch pillars and make scarecrows also.

Northern Dancer

Autumn is a second spring
when every leaf is a flower. Albert Camus

My favourite colour is October.

How can death be so colourful?

Simplify

It seems like each area of the country has fall in its own unique way. For example, in New England there is the fall scenery against a backdrop of covered bridges and colonial architecture but in Arizona there is fall scenery against canyon, mesa, and desert backdrops.

Northern Dancer

...that's true isn't it? There is magnificence everywhere - each territory and land mass has it's own fix on what is autumn or the other seasons are.

This is what my beloved Algonquin Park looks like when I'm not there.

upload_2016-10-24_10-20-36.jpeg upload_2016-10-24_10-21-1.jpeg

Cappy

One of my neighbors put several straw men in their yard standing and sitting along with pumpkins etc. Putting down the street in my jeep I stuck my arm outa the window and waved at them twice fore I got there and saw they were dummys a couple days later I did the same thing again its jut a habit to wave at neighbors when ya see em in their yards so now who was the dummy?

Northern Dancer

...not you. I'm always waving at people I don't know - it gives us all a sense of community; something that we are losing more and more. Keep waving - it's a simple thing to do to make life more pleasant. And you just don't know - some of those dummies might wave back. :Wave:

Cappy

I guess the curve in my recip saw blade is a learning curve. After learning not to work it too hard, hold it steady, and let it eat. putting the weight of the saw on the supported end. It's going lots better now and the pile of wacked up skids is looking good. enough wood for several nice fires in the old pit. We picked up more stuff to stick in the garden but the temp is creeping back up and humidity increasing no sign of a front coming. Grandpa see if ya cant send some cool SE.

Grandpa

The cool has left us again Cappy. Getting lots of rain and the temps staying in the 50's. we've lost most of the earlier snow off the peaks. Very much like the fall of 1972 And 1995. We can share the 50's but really need all this rain.