The fire is burning...

Northern Dancer

I have three coffee percolators - small (2 cups), medium (6 cups), and a humongous (36 cupper). One could even call the last one ginormous - but that might be a bit of exaggeration.

The fire is burning beautifully with that deep glowing red molten look - the kind my dog likes to mosey on up to and flop leisurely on the ground beside it. I carefully measure out my favourite Muskoka medium roast and distribute the grind evenly around the basket filter. Sometimes I add a pinch of salt like my Dad use to.

There isn't any smoke and the flame is just the right height to tickle the base of the perc as I carefully hang it on a tripod hook. I throw a couple of burgs on the small grill I brought along just for the occasion. In no time the sizzling meat permeates the cool evening air and mingles with the aroma of the coffee brew. If you listen carefully you can hear a distinctive beat as the brew comes up the spout and crashes into the clear glass knob.

It's a spectacular evening and the night sky looks like a gigantic thimble with a bright flashlight shining through it. The lake water gently laps up onto the sandy shore and you hear a Great Horned owl hooting in the distance.

...a warm though on a winters' night. :Smile2:

Roybrew

This has to be the first time I have ever heard such a colorfully descriptive image of coffee brewing. I would love to have a cup of your dark coffee [emoji477], sit and listen to the hooting of the great owl and the steady rhythm of the waves gently coming to shore. Thank you.

ppine

Forester
Thanks to Northern Dancer for keeping this forum alive.
You not only post some interesting ideas, but poetry and the art of being outdoors.
A big thank you.