The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Thanks Jason but I got plenty. small fires as ya know for us southerners. No fire place in da house who needs em. fire pit in the yard if I rack up too much at once it just gets moldy. I have a supply of pallates walking distance, a river full of drift 1 mile away and a swamp full of dead falls 2 miles away not to emntion a friend with truck loads of scaffold boards osha saya they hafta change out every 3 years

Cappy

woke up kinda stiff and sore and hadda stretch the kinks out fore proceeding. It was a fun day playing in the yard but all that toting cutting stacking hauling etc was alot like work something I didn't do much of in the summer heat. Sure is fun getting back to playing in the yard.

ppine

Forester
Stacking two cords of wood this week.
I have an old black and decker 3/8 inch drill from the 1970s. It cost $8 at the time and I have tried to kill it using it on commercial electrical projects drilling holes in studs with paddle bits. It still works like it was new.

Cappy

When I got the new circular saw home I decided to save it for a project and got out the new recip saw to finish wacking the pallets up. The new skil saw was sued cutting the heavy 2x12 oak boards for the garden box repairs and such. The first cut I like to burned the thing up trying to make a cut and was mad enough to bring it back when Peggy mentioned ya check the blade rotation? The thing came with a blade installed as a promotion and the store clerk told how it was a good skill rip blade. Some one had installed it backwards. Took it off flipped it over put it back and never looked back. It zipped through like a knife through butter. This new saw has a lazer light but it was very hard to see in the sunshine so I just stayed to the tried and true pencil line,

Cappy

Stacking two cords of wood this week.
I have an old black and decker 3/8 inch drill from the 1970s. It cost $8 at the time and I have tried to kill it using it on commercial electrical projects drilling holes in studs with paddle bits. It still works like it was new.
Then I guess ya can imagine how I felt when the ole circular saw gave up. Plum broke my heart

ppine

Forester
Today I went to the dentist. Everyone was really friendly. I got to wear cool sunglasses. The music was good. The Doc is a UW graduate like me so we talked Husky football, he looked around and said, "oh by the way , your teeth look really good." The girls were all cute. It felt like an Alternative Universe.

ppine

Forester
Interesting thing happened. A local poacher we all know came over onto my land and stole my deer blind. We know it was him because the dummy forgot about the infra-red game camera set up around the blind. Lucky for me it's a wide angle camera.

We tracked him back to where he stashed it and found a whole cache of deer stands, blinds, decoys, and a shed with mineral blocks.

I know, the right thing to do is to call the local sheriff but then I'm not sure of a conviction or the return of my blind. In the last twenty years this guy has stolen so many deer accessories from everyone in my area that he is a local celebrity. I found him.

What would you do?
Hang him by his thumbs for a couple of days.

Cappy

Wooo another fun day in the yard pried out the ole rotting 4x4 box we had garlic in built a new 4x6 box out of heavy oak 2z12's Got the old one up and tore apart and parked by the fire pit for a ceremonial send off. Got the new box in place now its just getting it filled up and planted. Steady making progress with teh planned camping/fishing trip as inspiration. Now its fire up da black iron pot and grab a beer.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Hang him by his thumbs for a couple of days.
Well, I have something real special in mind for him. I draw a rather tight line on violence but that doesn't mean I am totally opposed to it. The thumb thing is a bit severe but the suggestion is appreciated. I hadn't actually thought of it but I am warming to the idea.

Cappy

Fall has left the area an d summer is back again. Grrrrrrr. Think I will quit our fall clean up for a few days and wait on another front 87 with very high humidity sheesh fall some of yall dont get that in summer

Roybrew

Working on porch rails this afternoon, and took picture of this spring flower. My wife calls them "crocuses ".
. Strange weather. While digging some post holes I noticed how dry the dirt is 20 inches down. The rain is waiting till I go camping, I know it is....

Cappy

Pretty flower and I hear ya about the rain I can honestly not remember camping and it not raining. of course we often go for a month or more and it does rain alot here but still..............:00:

Northern Dancer

...Cappy, whose responsible for this predicament and whom can I speak to about getting your weather transferred to this neck of the woods? :Smile2:

I don't have any camping confirmed until early April and mid May. Though there is a winter camp in February that I'm hoping to get to. Last year it snowed considerably on April the first - people said that it was a coincidental - I didn't believe them for a moment.

Cappy

It is HOT we are trying to finish our garden projects knocked a lil off the project list and hadda coem in and literally towel off. I don't mean to sound like complaining really just sharing. Once we get it all done it'l make a picture and video filled post and then it'l bed time to get ready to head to the lake.

Grandpa

I've heard stories about it snowing on the 4th of July, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN it. Although I have seen it snow on the 2nd of July once and several times in late August. We need a cool down day now and then. I don't know how you stand all that heat Cappy.

Cappy

Morning yall hope Saturday finds yall well. As the sun comes up its back at the yard chores but I see a light at the end of the tunnel we may get er done in time for some camping next month I know we will be out for Thanksgiving camping in hot springs arkansas but if we really work at it we might have time to get in a early short trip to one of our fishing camp spots.