The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Walked to the mail box and back came in sweating up a storm checked the weather site claiming a feels like temp of 107 not a record but hot fo sho:beer3:

Roybrew

Yes sir it sure be hot. We're usually 10 to 15 degrees cooler here than you all in Louisiana, so you got my sympathies. I did manage to slop some sealer on the driveway after work one day last week. I get home by 7am and it's a good time to do something before it gets hot out. Funny thing happened last week, well I thought it was funny anyhow, I ordered a spare tire and rim for my little 4 x 8 trailer. When I got home from Kentucky Sunday afternoon, it was setting in the carport. What was funny was that it wasn't in a box or wrapped or anything, there was a shipping label stuck on the tire. I expected it to be wrapped or in a box or something. Now I've got to mount it on the trailer somehow, and fix it so someone can't steal it with out putting a little effort into it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jason

fear no beer
Yes sir it sure be hot. We're usually 10 to 15 degrees cooler here than you all in Louisiana, so you got my sympathies. I did manage to slop some sealer on the driveway after work one day last week. I get home by 7am and it's a good time to do something before it gets hot out. Funny thing happened last week, well I thought it was funny anyhow, I ordered a spare tire and rim for my little 4 x 8 trailer. When I got home from Kentucky Sunday afternoon, it was setting in the carport. What was funny was that it wasn't in a box or wrapped or anything, there was a shipping label stuck on the tire. I expected it to be wrapped or in a box or something. Now I've got to mount it on the trailer somehow, and fix it so someone can't steal it with out putting a little effort into it.

Nope, delivered a few tires for UPS. Usually they would tape the label to the tire, or if shipped with the rim they would cut out cardboard to cover the rim (but not the tire).

Roybrew

Well now that I've got my spare, I need to mount it. I was thinking of on the front of the trailer. That sure is a handy little trailer tho.

Cappy

Looks really good. Those lil trailers come in handy often. I dont have one but several neighbors so and we often borrow one. Great for trips to the garden center or cross da levee with ice chests and bbq pit and such:beer3:

jason

fear no beer
Well now that I've got my spare, I need to mount it. I was thinking of on the front of the trailer. That sure is a handy little trailer tho.

That reminds me, I really need to make some sides for my trailer. Thanks for adding to my to-do list.

Roybrew

That reminds me, I really need to make some sides for my trailer. Thanks for adding to my to-do list.
I used regular plywood and 2x4s. The bed is 4x8 so I took a sheet of 3/4 advantech and bolted it down for a floor, says 50 year warrenty ha. I park it under my boat carport, so it stays pretty much in the dry. I can put my 16 foot canoe on top and take off. My wife's wanting me to paint it, eh maybe. Lots of huge trees in my yard which means lots of brush and leaves, so it sure is handy.

Lists?? Ha I had one I kept up with on the fridge, I threw it away. Need one for stuff like, camping trips (monthly), hiking an bicycling every other weekend, and wood working on rainy days.

Newest project is turning this piece of ash into a live edge table. Slow process grinding it down with router, but I'm getting there.

Cappy

Interesting project man I look forwards to see it progress. It's all I can do in the summer these days to keep up with the yard work and tend my lil summer garden. Summer is our inside time when we write and do cool projects.

Cappy

It rained today. Thats a good thing cause we needed it. A good soaking rain for an hour or so dropping around an inch. All good news so far but....... it rained from around 8 am to 9am watered the garden good and such but then the sun came back out. Very few of yall have actually experienced 100 percent humidity. The air is actually heavy feeling and you can actually feel the moisture when ya breathe. Add to that 90 few degrees and it is truly oppressive. The hot air literally feels heavy on your chest and a very short effort in it brings out the sweats. Thankfully we have a large dehumidifier in the house that I have dumped twice since I woke up. under the ceiling fan 78 seems chilly after a walk in th yard. Was planning ot jump in te jeep and ride over the levee to one of my favorite catfish spots but that will have to wait till much later.

MacGyver

Very few of yall have actually experienced 100 percent humidity.
Just a typical central Maryland summer - and we probably have another month+ of this crap. It might not have been 100%, but it's just about always close to it this time of year. I was sitting on the porch today, in the shade and the sweat was just pouring off me even though it was only 82-84°. Fall can't get here soon enough!

Roybrew

Ha! It was pretty nice this morning here. I didn't wake up till 9:30 this morning, and loaded bicycles, and went riding. It was mid 70's at 10 am and we got done riding about 2:30. By the it was tipping 90° degrees. We had Grandson yesterday, so I only slept and hour or so afterwork, and we took off with him for the Robcom, similar to the Comic Con that they have in California. We had a great time. Here he is with Chewbacca.

jason

fear no beer
I used regular plywood and 2x4s. The bed is 4x8 so I took a sheet of 3/4 advantech and bolted it down for a floor, says 50 year warrenty ha. I park it under my boat carport, so it stays pretty much in the dry. I can put my 16 foot canoe on top and take off. My wife's wanting me to paint it, eh maybe. Lots of huge trees in my yard which means lots of brush and leaves, so it sure is handy.

Lists?? Ha I had one I kept up with on the fridge, I threw it away. Need one for stuff like, camping trips (monthly), hiking an bicycling every other weekend, and wood working on rainy days.

Newest project is turning this piece of ash into a live edge table. Slow process grinding it down with router, but I'm getting there.
This is actually my brothers trailer, but he leaves it at my house so I get to use it. I try and fix it up for him too. Needs some paint and to refinish the wood floors. I wish I could stick something into the sides. Was thinking maybe some type of clamps. Sides would be 2-4 feet tall. Most want it for mulch.

Sadly my lists includes rental work, so my stuff gets pushed aside.

Do they make planners tall enough for doing that work? Been a while since I used one.

Cappy

Got the grass cut today and just in time cause the thunderstorm let loose as i saved the mower. Was hoping to drag out the weed eater but that aint happening its standing water out and still raining.

jason

fear no beer
Got the grass cut today and just in time cause the thunderstorm let loose as i saved the mower. Was hoping to drag out the weed eater but that aint happening its standing water out and still raining.
Our storms just switched from days to evening/nights. Kinda messing with work at night. But it is fun watching all the lightning.

Roybrew

Our lakes on the upper end of the Tennessee River, are fuller than they have ever been. My brother and I went fishing last friday, and I was amazed how far up in the trees and brush the water is. Seems like it rains about everyday.

Wife and I bought a maple corner cabinet last weekend. We have been looking for one that wasn't to expensive. We found this one for 200 bucks we couldn't pass it up. It would've cost me more to make one. It's solid maple and made be a reputable company, that is no longer in business. That didn't sound good. But what's funny is it fit in the subaru, it's 6 feet tall. Wife was a little cramped on the way home.

Cappy

Looks just like us Roy we use our trailblazer suv as a truck and always have many trips to Lowes and such with boards and gardening stuff making the trip home cramped