The Shoot The Bull Thread

Discussion in 'Travelers Tavern' started by Cappy, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Roybrew

Roybrew Well-Known Member

We took short hike on Buffalo mtn yesterday. We done this a couple of weeks ago, and as always was very surprised what we have been missing out on all these years. This is a park just at the edge of the city limits an hour from home. We knew of it, but never been up here till the past couple of weeks.[​IMG]This is looking south,east toward the North Carolina mountains. We could see a slight bit of color in the trees. Just a side remark, I've never seen the trees this green so late in the year.[​IMG]here's a grape vine someone cut. We used to cut them and swing over the ravines. They would usually break lose after awhile, and we would land in a creek or briar patch.

There are lots more trails to some water falls and other views that we have yet to explore.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    MacGyver and Grandpa like this.
  2. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hope you all get out to vote. I am walking out da door to do so now on acounta we aint gonna be here for official voting day.[​IMG]
    Roybrew likes this.
  3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    After 3 days of trouble we finally got our suv outa da shop and camper loaded up. Dropping off for a few days. If I fine some wi fi I'll check in till them May God bless
  4. Roybrew

Have a good trip cappy.
    Cappy likes this.
  5. Roybrew

Got to bed about 8:30 this morning, woke at 1 and decided to go fishing before the rain moved in. Grabbed my stuff and hit the road for the river.[​IMG] Ate a banana and drank my water on the way. The river was moving very swiftly, so I had to tuck into the bank to re-tie lures. The old 2 hp ran good. I don't think I could've paddled fast enough to get up stream. Didn't catch any thing except leaves and then the rain caught me. It was a good couple of hours to be on the river.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  6. Grandpa

Grandpa Well-Known Member

It's roundup time at grandpas as the herd comes home for T day. So far, 3 kids and spouses, 3 grandkids with spouses, a herd of single grandkids and a sprinkling of greats have already arrived. More on the way. I did the nasty to the pet turkey earlier. He will be ready for the oven first thing in the morning. Elk and venison roasts are ready for the dutch ovens and all the timmings sre being prepared for tomorrow.

Grandma fed everyone her venison stew for supper with homemade bread, and homemade jams and jellies. The girls are rolling out pie crusts now. I see pumkin being mixed, cherries prepared, and another working on choc cream and banana cream pies.

Grandma and I have so much to be thankful for again this year. Our wonderful family, our good health, great neighbors and friends. The house is warm, ample food, clean clothes and snow on the way.

May all my outdoor friends be so fortunate. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
  7. Roybrew

May everyone here have a great holiday.
  8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A week or so ago Peg said waht about thanksgiving? I thought for a while and said lets do something we have never done.......Nothing. Be thankful for a change ad not slave over the stove pit or pot for a change what say we just go to the chinese buffet place come home with a belly full of stuff we didn't have to cook and let them do da dishes while we sit and digest with a cocktail or 2 or few and watch Thursday night football from da couch. She said what a relief I didn't wana cook anyways. We have been very busy pouring our selves into our book and this years Christmas card. 200 cards dont mail them selves ya know. We are really enjoying the day fixin to head to town for a meal we didn't slave over.

May God richly bless ya selves ad please take a moment to thank him for it. A prayer of thanks is the least often prayed thing. Have a great day!!
    Roybrew likes this.
  9. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Took me a while but after several youtubes and some head scratching I got a suv problem fixed got ma ole jeep out and went for a ride on this beautiful sunny cool day checked out behind the levee the river is high but I located a couple fine drift wood logs for the fire pit spent a fun afternoon riding around mostly to stay outa da wife's hair as she put some finishing touches on sewing projects for grand kids Christmas presents. The whole town smells wonderful as tehy burn the cane fields its a wonderful kinda sweet smokey sme;ll that this ole country boy associates with fall.
    Grandpa likes this.
  10. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hope yalls holiday season is progressing. I let my beard go for the last few months and its a passable santa beard close enough to make children smile ad I carry a pocket full of peppermints in my pocket while running errands around town. with all the grand kids over 1000 miles away mailing presents is more expensive than making them. Peg has been hard at it sewing and making goodies and I have been making store and post office runs. We mail around 200 cards a year and are almost finished with them. The ones for our neighbors will be hand delivered with a bag of citrus from our yard this weekend. It is our tradition for 20 years to pass out bags of citrus with our cards in the hood. The citrus is at its peak and wonderful cold from the trees.
    Grandpa likes this.