The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Hope ya get your share to Jason. yard became a swamp but nice and dry now Hopefully get my lil mower back tomorrow so I can get the yard mowed. I was watching a YouTube video of a young farming couple installing weed fabric on their garden they were hammering in staples to hold the cloth down made me laugh we push them down with a finger. We dont have top soil we have soil.

Roybrew

Glad your drying out Cappy. We finally got some much needed rain and it sure cooled things off for a few days.

Love the pictures Jason. Sounds like an interesting job. Maybe carry yourself a small file for sharpening that machete.

I've got the bottom of my wannigan sanded and ready for glassing.
I constructed the top yesterday and it is ready for scraping and sanding
The resin and fiberglass has been ordered and my be here in next couple of days.

Cappy

After getting my trusty lil push mower from the shop it took me 2 days to mow the front yard bout half an acre with trees and stuff. It was tall and tough mowing. Went lots better when I discovered the back wheels were set one notch too low they had slipped a cog in transport to and from the shop. Once adjusted it was much easier to push and today I cut much more than yesterday and finished at noon. Thank the Lord, I finished put the mower in the back and cleaned up a lil just before a "popcorn" shower dropped an inch of rain on us. It is steaming off and drying some now so after a nap I will try to hit it again. after a bit of prep work I'll tackle the back yard tomorrow Lord willin'

Cappy

went out today and got the back yard all cut but a small patch bout the size of a 1 car parking spot then the sky opened up and dropped bout a half an inch of rain in the time it took to drag the mower back to the patio. I aint even upset. It is almost done and I am already dreaming of future yard projects

Grandpa

Sure is quiet in here the past few days. I hope you're all put enjoying this beautiful summer.
Grandma and I just enjoyed an 8 day road trip with our oldest daughter. Our daughter had no idea that idaho has the most navigable white water of any lower 48 state. The weather cooperated well. Not too chilly at night and not too hot in the day. It was 23o one night near Stanley and 101 the next day down in Hells Canyon.

Roybrew

It always amazes me how the temperatures can swing like that in your area. I have a coworker that just got back from Idaho, he had some great pictures and talked about how different the weather is there. 8 days sounds like a blast. Glad to hear you had a good trip.

I'm still working on my wannigan, every once in a while. Hoping to have it finished in a week. Bicycle riding yesterday, and we're fixed to take take the boat out this morning for a little fishing and relaxing.

Cappy

Sitting in the middle of our monsoon season. rain every day sometimes all day humidity 100% trying to evaporate all the rain water. Weather folks forcast the humidity at like 75% but they never step out side ya can see the humidity like waves in the air and da wife calls it air you wear.

Roybrew

Shoowee I bet it's like breathing through a wet dish rag down there in Louisiana. How long does your rainy season usually last?

Cappy

June is our wettest month of the year but usually till mid july. Slept late up at 9 standing water in the yard so cutting much is prolly a no. Got a patch mowed yesterday It was clear when I started 20 minutes later a storm moved in and ran me in. around 3 inches of rain later it cleared up but we were very soggy. Today is gonna depend on my boss who isn't feeling well we may ride to town for errands or hang around watch the yard drive. Hopefully I can at least square off the part I was mowing. will see. If the water dries from under my rusty ole pit I may fire it up and throw a chunk of pig on it or I may chop it up and park it in a black iron pot, Time will tell.

Cappy

ARRRG! Guess what yall.........It's raining.:( So we decided no mowing so we will go to town....Peg got a notice that our wall paper we ordered for our camper will be delivered today. Can't have it dropped off in the rain. So no trip. Now its clean house and stuff and cook my pig chunk looks like black iron pot time.

Roybrew

Well Cappy, it's the year of mower woes. Mine quit moving on me last week. 720$ for new transmission! E gad!!

Pushing 90 degrees here. I have no will to camp in this kind of heat. When I get to work it's getting dark and cooler, then I want to be camping.

Put my first coat of polyurethane on my wannigan.
Lots of things I thought were going to be simple turns out to be a challenge. Figuring out how to secure the lid on to epoxying in a copper pipe, on both ends, for the carry rope, the pipe runs front to back and is epoxied in so water can't got inside around it.

Cappy

We went to town yesterday so naturally it did not rain Things dried and the standing water receded so I tried mowing again got an hour in and 2/3rds of the front cut fore the monsoon hit. Thankfully I had just pulled the mower on the patio to fuel it up when it started so me and the mower stayed dry. I was kinda meh about it resigned to the fact It will get done eventually. Tomorrow we are bringing da dawg to a boarder for an interview they insist checking his shot papers and making sure he can handle the other dogs and kennels and such. I think they are a change maybe yall heard of them? Camp Bow-Wow? They are a bit expensive but seem worth it. Once he is excepted and in their system we can drop him off any time for a day or 2 as needed. We are planning an excursion. Taking amtrack to up state New York for a few days Grand daughter getting married. Neva took a train trip like this so looking forwards to getting out and doing something

Roybrew

Wife and I was wondering about train travel. Sounds like a good way to travel. You got a room and food and best of all you can kick back and let someone else do the driving. Let us know how it goes.

Cappy

We are kinda excited having neva done it and this will be a 2 night trip. When ya add all the expenses up it aint too expensive. I am kinda worried bout climbing to the top bunk on acounta I aint as spry as I usta be. I am not worried about falling though I have sp;ent countless nights in a narrow bunk on a boat so train should be bout the same put peg on the bottom not as far to fall in case she does. She has been known to fall out of a queen sized bet here.;)

Cappy

Leave at end of month plan to write up a picture filled blog post. We doing all the little details preparing stuff. gonna start packing tomorrow to seek how it all will fit Plan to pack small back pack with electronics and toiletries and a pull suit case with clothes and such. Of course I will have my messenger bag with snacks games and a few necessities masks wet ones etc. We will test apck it and then see what we can add or take away as necessary. I know well how to pack for camping boating or hiking but this is a different animal.

Roybrew

It is done. I'm happy with the results. I don't think it would be something I would want to portage, but it would fine for base camping. 14 pounds ain't to bad.IMG_20210712_161550242~2.jpgIMG_20210712_160939279~2.jpgIMG_20210712_161327046~2.jpgIMG_20210712_170431875~2.jpg

Northern Dancer

That's really really terrific "Roybrew" - you are an incredibly talented guy. I don't think that I would want to portage it either, but that isn't the point. You made it for your own pleasure and that's as it should be. Congratulations. The chair looks comfortable and the whole design is a beauty. That's quite an accomplishment.