The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Got all da gear stowed picked up several buckets of pine cones and branches and such and got a fire going in the fire pit mostly to burn off brush and such. Got the front mowed in one lick thanks to a cool breeze now taking a break after picking up all da stuff in the back to mow that. Peg is working hard straightening the house and I cant wait to finish mowing so I can have a beer and sit by the last of the lil fire.:beer3:

Cappy

When I finished cutting all the grass and cleaning the yard up I rode around the block in te jeep to repark it. When I did I noticed a big pile of pallets at the local feed store. They always get abunch this time of year stocking up for planting. I can only get 5 in the back of the suv but I did that 3 times. Gonna take 4 of the best ones for making a compost bin and gonna wack up the rest. may as well get em when the gettin is good.:beer3:

Cappy

Wonder what Jason pays the 2 word wonder to bump up ole posts. Gotta admit I kinda enjoy seeing ole post that I done forgot about. Wonder what that word she keeps using means?:Noidea:

Roybrew

Glad you had a good trip Cappy. I've got till the end of April then a friend at work and my brother and I will be heading out for a few days. Went fishing after work yesterday and was it ever cold on the water. I had nothing but electrical problems out of the old boat, most of it is my fault cause I neglected to keep the battery terminals clean. I gave the minnows a little boost of energy, and they lifted the spring loaded door and escaped when I put the in the lake for some fresh water.

Cappy

palate wackingproceeds slowly I aint the wacker I usta be and now have a big blister and several splinters but the pile grows.

Denni2

Wonder what Jason pays the 2 word wonder to bump up ole posts. Gotta admit I kinda enjoy seeing ole post that I done forgot about. Wonder what that word she keeps using means?:Noidea:
I got curious and googled our new friend. That user name has been posting the same on various forums and being banned by many.

jason

fear no beer
No, I was in Texas for my sons checkup, and he ended up having minor surgery. Got back into town late yesterday and been getting the house back in order. He has been removed.

Cappy

Stepped out da front door this mornin and got hit in the nose by spring the yard smells amazing as things begin to bloom. Took da ole jeep out to stretch her legs while Peggy put da finishing touches on Easter dinner. Hope you all have a most blessed Resurrection day and are all safe and happy. I am piddling out side while Peggy scurries around the kitchen.Trying to wake up ma fishing boat from its winter nap seems that the cranking battery died.:( Prolly from bordom as we have left it alone for a few months.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, thanks, Cappy. I did that hail thing too. I never got any knots on my head or bruises but I felt like someone was hitting me on the head with the edge of a two-by-four. It hurt but I got to shelter and listened to the drumbeat for a while.

Cappy

ya aughta hear a hail storm on a steal tug boat. Several times I put in ear plugs while pushed into the bank watching it chip the wheel house roofs new paint job.

Cappy

After working on our 18 ft aluminum boat I got the trolling motor working. But the cranking battery was history. 70$ for a new one and some new terminal battery ends and a few bits and pieces not too bad a deal the owner gave me the good friend discount

Cappy

Got the yard mowed yesterday and just in time too cause a front passed last night making things soggy this morning. its nice out now after the front i the mid 60's soon as it dries some I'll light the fire pit and try to burn up some branches and such and enjoy the process.

Cappy

Hadda do some connection work and spring for a new cranking battery and some new battery connections. Cranked er up and let her run for a half hr or so. Ran pretty good a lil rough at first but smoothed out as it went. piddled in the yard this afternoon began trimming our freeze damaged citrus a sad thorny job. Will fire up the fire p;it tomorrow morning and begin burning up the trimmings plan to give the boat a good blow job with the leaf blower and maybe put er in the water for a ride if I can get it all done before the next rain. had a nice evening playing in theyard and a better day planned for tomorrow.:beer3:

MacGyver

April 5th and they're calling for three inches of snow this weekend. Personally, I love it - love snow - but it's especially fun watching all the people whining about it on Facebook.

Cappy

If we had snow I could easily see me playing in it. Camping fishing hunting etc. But we dont we have HEAT ad HUMIDITY and I cope with it and also get a kick outa the complainers.
It's the same only different. right about the time your snow ends or steam bath begins wonder if its the same people that complain about our heat have no snow to complain about and jump on the heat?? Who cares I enjoy them both.:beer3:

MacGyver

The older I get, the less I can handle the summer swelter here in Maryland. The switch will get thrown soon and we'll be dealing with 90-100+ degrees with 100% humidity. And, yeah, people WILL be bitching about it. Me? I just drink about two gallons of Gatorade a day, move a lot slower and keep thinking about Fall.

Simplify

Always trying to simplify. Live cheaply so you don't have to work so much. I am in Mass now but am moving back to AZ.