The Shoot The Bull Thread

Roybrew

We took short hike on Buffalo mtn yesterday. We done this a couple of weeks ago, and as always was very surprised what we have been missing out on all these years. This is a park just at the edge of the city limits an hour from home. We knew of it, but never been up here till the past couple of weeks.
This is looking south,east toward the North Carolina mountains. We could see a slight bit of color in the trees. Just a side remark, I've never seen the trees this green so late in the year.
here's a grape vine someone cut. We used to cut them and swing over the ravines. They would usually break lose after awhile, and we would land in a creek or briar patch.

There are lots more trails to some water falls and other views that we have yet to explore.

Cappy

After 3 days of trouble we finally got our suv outa da shop and camper loaded up. Dropping off for a few days. If I fine some wi fi I'll check in till them May God bless

Roybrew

Got to bed about 8:30 this morning, woke at 1 and decided to go fishing before the rain moved in. Grabbed my stuff and hit the road for the river.
Ate a banana and drank my water on the way. The river was moving very swiftly, so I had to tuck into the bank to re-tie lures. The old 2 hp ran good. I don't think I could've paddled fast enough to get up stream. Didn't catch any thing except leaves and then the rain caught me. It was a good couple of hours to be on the river.

Grandpa

It's roundup time at grandpas as the herd comes home for T day. So far, 3 kids and spouses, 3 grandkids with spouses, a herd of single grandkids and a sprinkling of greats have already arrived. More on the way. I did the nasty to the pet turkey earlier. He will be ready for the oven first thing in the morning. Elk and venison roasts are ready for the dutch ovens and all the timmings sre being prepared for tomorrow.

Grandma fed everyone her venison stew for supper with homemade bread, and homemade jams and jellies. The girls are rolling out pie crusts now. I see pumkin being mixed, cherries prepared, and another working on choc cream and banana cream pies.

Grandma and I have so much to be thankful for again this year. Our wonderful family, our good health, great neighbors and friends. The house is warm, ample food, clean clothes and snow on the way.

May all my outdoor friends be so fortunate. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Cappy

A week or so ago Peg said waht about thanksgiving? I thought for a while and said lets do something we have never done.......Nothing. Be thankful for a change ad not slave over the stove pit or pot for a change what say we just go to the chinese buffet place come home with a belly full of stuff we didn't have to cook and let them do da dishes while we sit and digest with a cocktail or 2 or few and watch Thursday night football from da couch. She said what a relief I didn't wana cook anyways. We have been very busy pouring our selves into our book and this years Christmas card. 200 cards dont mail them selves ya know. We are really enjoying the day fixin to head to town for a meal we didn't slave over.

May God richly bless ya selves ad please take a moment to thank him for it. A prayer of thanks is the least often prayed thing. Have a great day!!

Cappy

Took me a while but after several youtubes and some head scratching I got a suv problem fixed got ma ole jeep out and went for a ride on this beautiful sunny cool day checked out behind the levee the river is high but I located a couple fine drift wood logs for the fire pit spent a fun afternoon riding around mostly to stay outa da wife's hair as she put some finishing touches on sewing projects for grand kids Christmas presents. The whole town smells wonderful as tehy burn the cane fields its a wonderful kinda sweet smokey sme;ll that this ole country boy associates with fall.

Cappy

Hope yalls holiday season is progressing. I let my beard go for the last few months and its a passable santa beard close enough to make children smile ad I carry a pocket full of peppermints in my pocket while running errands around town. with all the grand kids over 1000 miles away mailing presents is more expensive than making them. Peg has been hard at it sewing and making goodies and I have been making store and post office runs. We mail around 200 cards a year and are almost finished with them. The ones for our neighbors will be hand delivered with a bag of citrus from our yard this weekend. It is our tradition for 20 years to pass out bags of citrus with our cards in the hood. The citrus is at its peak and wonderful cold from the trees.

Cappy

drove to the $ store for a fresh supply of candy canes and a few items for Peg got back in the suv and click no start. Popped the hood checked the battery connections etc nothing. The battery seemed charged the lights worked but ya never know about cranking amps. I caught a ride home jumped in the jeep and went back Da jeep has a big battery so when that didn't start it I laid down and tapped the starter with a hatchet I keep in the gear box in da jeep and it turned over. Just what I did NOT need right before Christmas new starter. The trail blazer has the big fuel injected ls engine in it so there aint much wrench room and I am too portly to crawl under it so off to the local shop it goes. Even with the good friend discount gonna be over 400 for the new starter. The big corvette motor needs a pretty beefy starter.

Roybrew

The good old days of 35 to 50 dollar starters is over. And now a person needs to be a contortionist to work on them. You have my sympathy cappy, be careful tho seems like bad luck runs in threes.

Cappy

Yesterday I picked 42 bags with 13 satsuma oranges in them and with a red flannel shirt and a pocket full of pepperment canes The wife drove the suv slowly through the hood while me with my santa hat dropped off a bag of satsumas and a Christmas card to every house in the neighborhood some of our better friend neighbors got cookies or candy or spiced pecans or all of it pending if they were naughty or nice. Got lots of hugs and well wishes and left bags swinging from door knobs of folks who were not home. Got home just in time to swap into my Saints shirt and watch the game. Great day
:beer3:

Cappy

Up in West by God Virginny road trippin with Peg and the dawg. Spending New years with our daughter an em and enjoying the hills and such. Us flat landers really enjoy the smokeys even the dawg seemed fascinated by seeing the hills out da window as we traveled. Plan to take some pictures later like a dope I aint even dug the camera out too busy leaving nose prints on the windows.

Cappy

Finally made it home. we drove all night to get here and now are slowly unpacking and setting up all the christmas gifts and Peggy's birth day gifts and such. Gonna take a week for us tp get back to normal and though it was fun and snowy west virginny was pretty its very good to be home

jason

fear no beer
Been a busy year for us so far. Lost a dog, gained a bunch of chickens, and now ducks, got a new dog. Some surgeries mixed in there, family visiting escaping the cold up north. Built a UDS. Just trying to play catch up now, got the article system updated, going to work on updating the forums soon. Hope everyone's year has been going good.

Attachments

Cappy

Was worried bout ya man. Thought a storm got ya or something. Been very busy here too visiting family friends visiting us and lots and lots of rain preventing much needed yard work. Finally getting a lil done during rare dry spells. Got the grass mowed and branches and cuch picked up almost all the citrus trimmed up and yesterday I got about 3/4 of the fertilizer down The old axle turned yard hole puncher is heavy and in the still moist ground every time I sink it it forms a suction to pull it out. Getting old sucks and after only 80 holes I was wooped. Sink the thing bout a foot in the ground, wallolw it around a couple rounds then lift it out. Pour a red solo cup almost full of 13-13-13 in the hole and repeat around 120 times was a bit mpre than my lower back could handle.Hopefully can finish this afternoon fore the rain. Gona take a hand full of advils to get going though.

Roybrew

Rain has stopped for now. Going to take long time to dry out after all this. Still got main road to work flooded out. low spots that are still saturated. Going camping beginning of next month, and looking forward to it. Asked my brother to check out an island on our favorite lake, but he's been pretty busy and I sure haven't had time either. We may just have to bushwack in and make a spot. I lost this forum on tapatalk. It just won't load. just Googled it, and maybe this will work.