The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Holy smokes 86 degrees today and the humidity is horrid was gonna prep my garden beds but think I'' lait till Friday a cold fromt posed to come through then it will be 60 BRRRRRR:beer3::Yo:

jason

fear no beer
@Cappy No storm has got me yet. Although we just passed that no name storm that was something like 26 years ago that had water slapping against the back door. What a great way to wake up.

We should be in the high 60's here next week. Put off some of my warm season veggies until this passes. Should be the last "cold" pass but we will see.

@Roybrew The TapaTalk issue should be fixed now.

Cappy

I plan on cleaning and preping my garden boxes this week end but ole mister pecan tree shows no sign of buddig so I figure we due a bit more winter the ole tree is far more accurate than no groundhog

Terasec

waiting for nighttime lows to be 40 or above here to take kids out on some overnights
younger one has the gear and is used to 20 degree nights,
older one is just starting on backwoods camping and rather start her out with warmer nights

jason

fear no beer
I plan on cleaning and preping my garden boxes this week end but ole mister pecan tree shows no sign of buddig so I figure we due a bit more winter the ole tree is far more accurate than no groundhog
What are you planting this year? I am hoping after next week it stays warmer then 60's during the day. Feel like it is a late start anyway and those ducks are really stinking up my garage.

waiting for nighttime lows to be 40 or above here to take kids out on some overnights
younger one has the gear and is used to 20 degree nights,
older one is just starting on backwoods camping and rather start her out with warmer nights
My kids don't like it if it is under 50 here at night. Usually we go when the nights are closer to 60's, which leaves a short window before it gets hot at night also.

Cappy

The front is coming through now! Soon as it dries tomorrow I will beginning prepping the beds. Weeding, adding soil. fertilizing, and fixing up my small garden boxes. We are still discussing what goes in them. For sure 2 cayenne and 2 jalapeno peppers and cucumbers on the trellises. We haven't decided for the beds yet just the usual green onion patch and probally a patch of beets. We love the beet greens.

Roybrew

@jason, Ok I'm back with Tapatalk app. Don't know what happened. I reloaded the app and it works, thought y'all would get rid of me huh.

Looks like the rain is finally clearing out. The lakes have swollen to the summer pool levels, and TVA is struggling to drain that water down to the Mississippi River.

I'm still boat shopping. Sort of want to find an aluminum boat with windshield and top, wife doesn't like bugs in her teeth. And aluminum is usually little lighter and less up keep for me. Other than that been working on walnut book case. Camping trip coming up first weekend in April I'm looking forward to that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Roybrew

Been a busy year for us so far. Lost a dog, gained a bunch of chickens, and now ducks, got a new dog. Some surgeries mixed in there, family visiting escaping the cold up north. Built a UDS. Just trying to play catch up now, got the article system updated, going to work on updating the forums soon. Hope everyone's year has been going good.
Show the baby chicks and then the big Green smoker. I bet them chicks is clueless of what is to become of them. Yummy.

jason

fear no beer
Show the baby chicks and then the big Green smoker. I bet them chicks is clueless of what is to become of them. Yummy.

I should be processing some of the meat chickens in about two weeks. They will surely see the smoker then.

jason

fear no beer
Got to rent a "toy" for the weekend. Took it over to my parents house to get their job done first. Within a few hours my father broke the machine when I took some material away. Thankfully they were still open and sent out someone to get it fixed.

Attachments

Roybrew

Got the bimini top and tires and wheels ordered. The registration ran out in 2016. I sniffed the fuel tank then drained all the gas out. It stank some of varnish. Replaced fuel line and filter. Tires were pretty dry rotted, probably original ones. Can't wait to get it on the water, and slam some crappie.

Camping planned for next week.

Cappy

Well ya know this place is going down hill some one wants to know how to cook a campfire I tried to laugh but all I could do is groan

Denni2

Yes, I feel as I was answering phones at the radio station again when the schools are on spring break.

Roybrew

Talking about camping food, I am going camping next week and I ain't planned a thing. The only thing we've talked about was checking out a few islands to camp on. There was one time when all we brought was coffe, brats, buns and little Debbie cakes. We always leave the vehicle and trailer at the ramp and take off somewhere. We would get up, have coffee and a cookie, fish till lunch then make our way back to vehicle, pull boat out and go to Hardies. We became real regulars there.

I better get with it and figure out what fishing tackle and stuff to take.

Roybrew

Got the boat out last Saturday. Rough start with a dead battery and bad fuse connection, but the rest of the day went great. Boat registration expired in 2016, so i figured it wasnt ran much and would be a bear at first. Wife loved the windshield and bimini top. We had the O-Brother sound track playing on the stereo while we played on the lake all afternoon. 20190330_152432-1.jpeg Now it's time to get serious and get organized for my camping trip in 3 days. We don't exactly know where we will be staying on one of the 2 lakes. There is a couple of islands to check out, but we can always stay near the mountains up river where we have in the past.

Cappy

The top looks great I had one but a storm twisted and trashed it. It was folded down too.

Wonder whas up with the forum? Maybe its cause of all the stuff I am seeing on facebook lately. Hopefully we have ATTRACTED a bunch of foreigners who dont speak English well. I think I like that lots better than thinking American youth are that dumb.

Grandpa

It seems to me to be a school project, despite some of the age comments. Maybe an English teacher somewhere far away having her students practice via our forum.