The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

So what ya thought of end game no spoilers was it good great or ho hum. Would ole stan be happy looking down from heaven?

Roybrew

I thought it was very good, with a great ending. I think Stan L would've been proud of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jason

fear no beer
Yea we have coyotes here too neighbor has bagged a few in the field behind his house this spring. Guy down the street has cages/coops on 4 ft legs in his yard he keeps a few chickens, rabbits, and quail along with some ducks in a fenced in pen its kinda like his personal grocery store.
Kinda of what we are working on. We just had one of the chickens last night. Everyone enjoyed it.

The garden at this house is not nearly as big as before. But I am making up for it with a lot more fruit trees and more permanent edible plants. I do miss fresh home made pickles.

jason

fear no beer
My pretty new (to me) boat has problems. I thought I'd be on the lake with the wind blowing through my hair, catching crappie but..... #1 piston is broken. Maybe due to carbon build up with age, and or clogged carb jet? Maybe the previous owner knew it was going or not. I got the block back from machine shop day before last, and waiting on parts to rebuild it. Maybe week after next I'll be hitting the lake.

But it hasn't stopped me from hitting the river. My nephew was home on leave last week, so I called in sick and we hit the river. His half brother came with us, and we had great time.

My brother had a boat. I think he spent more time fixing it then having it on the water. I keep saying I'm going to try and save for one, maybe I could then get the wife out on the water more. But then I remember his boat. I'm not nearly has handy when it comes to motors as he is, or you.

jason

fear no beer
I spent my weekend installing a sprinkler system. Got 3/4 of the yard done. Hopefully can finish it up Saturday.

Cappy

My sinuses have attacked me in a special kinda miserable way. Trying to continue with yard chores but I feel just awful. Took 2 claritens and no help guess I'll drag out the dreaded nety pot

Roybrew

Been picking at the boat motor a little here and there, and waiting on parts that I had to order at last minute. Wife dragging me out for walks to keep me from getting stressed out with it. Even saw some deer watching us.

Cappy

Thanks so much man we have few posters now and I really enjoy your stuff.

I am still chipping away at yard projects and gaining on them s;lowly. Cant wait to get caught up fore it gets too hot and head out for a few days of camping. Mean time got some pallets wacked up and da pit cleaned out so we have been having a lil fire in the evenings that helps. We live in the country have a yard full of fruit nut and shade trees and lots of birdies to keep us company. A young male cardinal eats out of the wife's hand he is looking for a gal friend but just a yearling it saddens the wife she calls him lonely boy but he will prolly have more luck at mating next year. Maybe by then I will get around to building a couple cardinal houses for the yard. Now its time for a swallow of whisky and a pillow. Back at the yard chores tomorrow Lord willing.

Roybrew

I've been wanting to build some bird houses also. Just can't get it in gear. Wife and I went to a film paddling festival last year, at Sunrift outdoors shop just over in south Carolina, and they had a couple of large boxes up near roof on their building. They were bat boxes. When the sun went down the bats poured out of them. Must've been close to a hundred or so. We never got one skeeter bite on us, and we were out there sitting in the lawn till about midnight. I thought about making one to put in our tree. I hate skeeters.

I enjoy posting pictures, and gabbing about outdoor stuff. I missed out on a lot of hiking and camping when I was younger. Jumped from high school, marriage then kids. We were to young, but we still together after 34 years. Oops sorry I'm running on again, got to get ready for work.

I do wish younger people would get more interested in outdoor activities, and get away from TV and video games.

Cappy

Turned out to be a real Shitty day. Woke up this morning and the toilet wouldn't flush:confused: Went out slid the lid off the septic system and it was full and the down pump not working. Step 1 Called the local vac truck guy which some of yall refer to as the honey wagon for some strange yankee reason. He is a down the street neighbor and said he would come by this evening and pump the system dry. Step 2 at that point I can pull the pump wash it off check it out. Time will tell. Possibilities pump burned out, drain field plugged, wiring problem to the pump etc I'll let yall know for some reason. Every time we get a lil stabke with a lil pocket money something comes along and ....... well like I said a real crappy position

Cappy

The vac truck guy showed up and pumped the tank out ad cleaned it up. I pulled the down hole pump cleaned it up and pulled out 4 wet ones those things don't deteriorate. We know better but for got to tell recent guests not to flush em so $350 for the clean out new pump tomorrow but at least we can flush freely the tank is 500 gallons and empty

Cappy

After checking all the local hardwares for replacement pumps I hadda go Amazon Since the wife has prime It should be here tomorrow Saturday. Since we have tank space we are being water conservative like we are in our camper.

Cappy

Just found out the pump wont be in til Monday. Bummer. delays caused by Mothers day. Oh well aint using much water in the house still have half a tank of waste room so we can flush 3 or 4 times a day and take quick showers tonight for church. Taking Peg out to eat for Moms day anyways.

Cappy

Good news the crap storm is over the pump came in and I started putting it in. Hadda add a bushing cause the pump threads were the wrong size. By adding it the riser was now 2 inches too tall so I hadda cut it and get another 90 and nipple to make up to the field drain, truing not to hafta drive all the way to town and go to Lowes I tried the local hardware. Found a 90 but no nipple to be had anywhere we even looked in the warehouse. I wound up buying a whole joint of pvc for a couple inches of it. So now I have lots of extra 1 1/4 pvc and prolly wont need any again any time soon but it me or a friend or a neighbor does I got it. Hooked it all up wired it in and its working. :Amen::Clap2::Party::Yo:

Cappy

This time of the year we watch the weather waiting for the first 90 degree day. It is always around now give or take a week or two. For us the first 90 degree day is the first day of summer and the muggy heat. We have a corn hole game set out in the yard and we go out and play a few rounds on occasion. We noticed that lately we havent been playing tween 10 and 3. A sure sign that summer approaches. We aint got a pool but do have a couple spots of deep shade in da yard and thats where ya will fond us in the coming months in the afore mentioned times.

Cappy

Today is posed to be the first 90 degree day bout a week later than the average. I have 2x12's all cut to make a new garden box to rep;ace a old one. It's gonna be a hot tough job but rewarding. The old box lasted 18 years hopefully this one will do as well.

Roybrew

Finally got the boat motor put back together, and we took it out to see how it ran.... it didnt. It was sporadically missing on one or more cylinders, so I ordered a power pack, after testing everything with a voltmeter. Well I put the new pack on, and that wasn't the problem. Go figure, 110 bucks down the tube. I did figure out that the trigger wire, this wire was for the safety cut off switch, that ran to the power pack had 8 volts on it. It wasn't supposed to have any voltage, so I unhooked it. Yesterday we took it out. I got the motor warmed up and the top up while my wife parked the truck. It ran great. Purred along nice and quiet. It ran so good that I couldn't turn it off. No joke I couldn't turn it off. I would turn the switch off and the motor would just purr along. I think the switch is bad, and also sending voltage to the trigger wire.

@jason, this is what my app says about this weekend in Tampa.
Better be chilling that beer.
I've camped near Tampa, during late February, with my Dad. It was nice. We stayed at EG Simmons park. Spent a whole week sleeping in the tent and fishing. Dad and I would fish out on the peers late in the evening. We had a great time, and great weather.

I hope everyone here has a good memorial day.

Cappy

I have always had way more electrical trouble than mechanical with my boat. It lives uncovered in the yard and with our humidity stuff corrodes and connections get trashy. I hadda redo my dash connections last week clean and replace some bad connectors. The bilge and live well pumps were out.