The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Yesterday we rode an hour away to check out an ole boat landing I have been hearing about of late. Some one bought it fixed it up and set up 8 camper spots and a nice lil marina. We went check it out and found the camp rates reasonable. Full hook ups 300$ a month. We may drag our camper there and park it for a month or 2 and leave it driving home once a week for church and paying bills camp m-f and come home on weekends. still lots to do fore that though. Finally got all the jungle mowed and today its weed eater time. May take a couple days but now I have a goal. A carrot on s stick if ya know it. :beer3:

Roybrew

Snow! I'd love to see some snow. I miss the snow we had in Michigan when I was young. It was 78 degrees here in these parts. I'm off for the next couple of nights. Been painting on the house today, and now sitting on the porch watching falling stars and burning some wood in my fire ring
this pine I cut up, a month ago, sure burns nice. Going canoeing on local river tomorrow. Got to load up on some Aleve tonight or my knees will be hurting. Standing on a ladder is rough on my legs.

Grandpa

Son in law and grandson helped me with firewood last week. We brought in 4 or 5 cords of dead pine, and split it as well as an old maple tree out of a neighbors yard. If the weather holds we may harvest some more.

Cappy

86 yesterday foggy in morning 80% humidity as well I hadda wait till it dried enough to weed eat so I picked up branches and wacked em to fire pit size got about half the weed eating done fore it rained the weed eater gave me hell till I changed the string the one in it had kinda melted together. slow start today its very heavy dew. Guess I will trim and work on the bananas till it dries Banana palms are very heavy wet and messy but I have a carrot in front of my nose.

Cappy

Armed with a bow saw I headed for the naner patch. Heard some thunder but didn't worry as I took inventory and planned my attack. It started drizzling as I was thrilled to find a couple big bunches that I figured I could save the bottom dropped out and it came a real turd floater. Country boy talk for an inch an hour down pour. I dashed for the house and toweled my head off already down right moist from the short walk to cover. It quit almost as fast as it started, leaving standing water in the yard then the sun came out. I hope yall never experience that kind of steam bath. The air is actually heavy on ya chest. The nanners are way too wet for me to chop and carry so I guess I will watch a movie or something and try again later. That dang carrot refuses to get any closer

Cappy

put off the nanners storm a coming AGAIN!! so picked stuff up put the tarp o jeep and boat and charging up camper battery.

Roybrew

Sound like them nanners whopping up on you. I remember years ago some people here had banana bushes. I never saw any bananas on them, but they were cool to see especially in these parts. They used to have to up root them and bring in for the winters. Now they chop them down and leave them, and they come back up in the spring.

Cappy

They are cool to have very hearty and add to teh tropical feel of the yard. It takes them 2 years to produce they grow the first year and if no hard freeze produce the second year. Luckily we had 6 palms make it through last winter and are now making nice bunches last storm took 3 of them out but I managed to rescue 2 bunches and hang them on the patio till they yellowed. One bunch too small now we are hopefull the remainder make it 2 of them the nanners are nice and almost ready so they will make it if the storm gets em. The last one is still small and doubtful we will see.

Cappy

Well pretty ssure we gonna be off line a few days the storm heading straight for us and looks pretty bad good thing is it is moving fast.

Roybrew

Been a good day today. Caught some nice crappie and a feller bass fishing gave me a 20 inch walleye.
Got some good fillets. That walleye sure good over a fire.

Roybrew

We're having the first sunny days we've had so far this year. It's been cold and raining. Makes for depressing times when you don't see much sun shine. This year sure started off with a bang. My air compressor blew up, and flung part of it through my basement window and landed on my canoe[emoji47]
the compressor cylinders landed my gunwale. Go figure, I wonder what the odds of that happening again?
I removed a section of the damaged inside trim.
shaved out the bad spot and epoxied in a patch. Once it's dried I'll epoxy a new trim piece on the inside.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Roy

Northern Dancer

...good grief Roybrew! That would scare the "patooties" outta ya. I hope that is all the damage done. What an insult that an object would dare damage "the Canoe". Anyway...I hope you are well and that everything is okay. It reminded me of when I was in secondary school when for the first two years shop subjects were mandatory. I had to take welding for a semester. I was so terrified that the tank would blow up I actually paid a fellow student to do all my assignments. [Oh...man -----> I hope Mr. Black isn't reading this. :Whistling: ]

Roybrew

Thanks for your all's concern. Compressors can make very effective bombs. It removed 3 of my basement door windows and most of the window paynes in a larger window on the same wall.
It is repaired.

Northern Dancer, The shame! I can't believe you paid someone to do your school work.

Nice to see you on line Jason.

jason

fear no beer
Nice to see you on line Jason.
Been busy between the two jobs and everything else going on. I go full time at one of jobs on the 5th though, so that should hopefully free up some time. Neat part is I get to buy some outdoor items and they pay. I was told to get a pair of snake guards and a manchette to start off so far. Even get a budget for clothes, but that was pretty much used up buying shirts since they only allow one brand. Trying different boots now too.

Northern Dancer

Been busy between the two jobs and everything else going on. I go full time at one of jobs on the 5th though, so that should hopefully free up some time. Neat part is I get to buy some outdoor items and they pay. I was told to get a pair of snake guards and a manchette to start off so far. Even get a budget for clothes, but that was pretty much used up buying shirts since they only allow one brand. Trying different boots now too.
-----> The reality is you have faced a lot of challenges in your life already and my hunch is you have done okay. Getting outdoor items, and guards and the rest sounds like fun. I/we appreciate this site Jason; for some of us, it can be therapeutic.