The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Went to cardio doc he said blood work was pretty good A1C was 5.4 and thats pretty durn good for a chubby ole type 2 diabetic , not as chubby as I was and getting better. Today I got my ole jeep running took it to get n/a gas and rode around did a few errands. Felt good to be out got in and out 5 times and had no trouble. With the weather cooling off I am looking for wards to a lil bank fishing or something. Will let yall know.

Roybrew

Sounds like you doin good Cappy. Sure glad to hear from you.

Wife and I just got back from Louisville KY. Went to the Falls of Ohio and Churchill Does, stuff like that. Had a good time.

I had ordered a camera for my droid phone, I messed the original one up about a year ago, and figured it was time to replace it. Watched UTube videos how to disassemble my phone and replace the camera. Well I screwed it up. That was this morning. So now I have a new phone, ugh, but it has a great camera. Ooh boy now I can take great pictures oohaya.

Camping next week is a bust. It'll be ok tho.
Roy

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Cappy

In my struggle to be more healthy I have discovered kefir. It is a fermented milk product kinda yogurt's big brother. A powerful probiotic and we have developed a taste for it. Peg drinks it in smoothies and I have a glass of it before bed time among its many benefits it helps me get to sleep anyways we got tired paying up for qts of it in the stores and started making it our selves a few months ago. WE decided to make a short video on how we make it for a friend who wanted some of our kefir kernals. Here's how we make it:

Roybrew

That was interesting Cappy. My wife's very interested, me, I don't know yet. How's it taste? Does it go well with York peppermint patties? I usually have a glass of milk and 2 small patties every evening.

Great video. You looking well.
Roy

Cappy

it taste kinda a cross between butter milk and yogurt. You can buy it in most grocery stores in the dairy section they have it in a bunch of flavors but I strongly recommend plain milk kefir I am a big believer in flavoring things your self. The wife puts a cup of it in a blinder with some fruit and makes a smoothie I enjoy a glass of it straight and enjoy it with a keto brownie that I have at night or some home made trail mix its a acquired taste I guess but I really like it. we got tired of paying for it I ordered kefir grains on line and have been making it and kefir cheese for like 6 months now.

Roybrew

Looked like cottage cheese. Whole milk?

Wifey made some cheese one day out of regular whole milk. It was pretty cool. We had our own milk cow when I was growing up. Small farm. Mom and Dad both raised on a farm with gardens and all. We had 97 acres, most all of it was one side of a mountain. Yep cows had 2 legs shorter then the others, get that way walking on sides of the hills. About 2 acres level enough to have a garden. We grew tobacco for a couple of years, that be some nasty stuff to work too. We used to make our own butter. Mom would skim the cream off the milk and pour it in a mason jar. The cow was part brown swiss and gernsey. That was a creamy giving cow. We would sit in front of TV and shake the jars till a lump of butter would form. Sure brings back memories.
Thanks for video.
Roy

Cappy

the kefir grains kinda look like cottage cheese but aint they actually kinda chewy a lil like small milk gummies they are a love culture so its kinda like having a pet.

Roybrew

I've been watching your YouTube videos Cappy. Enjoying them.

Started doing the fall chores of yard cleaningIMG_20221024_161456546_HDR.jpg getting the pine needles raked up and putting them around the house. Lots of shrubbery loves the acid from the needles and it keeps the weeds down. Cats like it to, eeww. Oh well. I'll be starting in the leaves tomorrow.

Cappy

We started making videos years ago so family and grand kids who all live away could see us. Completely un trained jsut film stuff and put it up. We learned to put music on and years later found out ya not sposed to use your music you have to use youtubes music I didn't know I figured of you bought and paid for a cd or lp you could put it on a video. Shucks they fussed at us for using music that was on the radio behind us. Thats why most all youtubes have the same lame songs their choices are slim. Glad you are enjoying our lil video's. We are back to making a few again but it aint fu n as it usta be. Now all the editing and loading their music files is time consuming you saying you like them really is encouraging thanks for that. :beer3:

Roybrew

They are enjoyable Cappy.

Oh hey, looky what I didn't realize Screenshot_20221029-195435~2.jpg We went to Louisville KY and visited Church Hill Downs.

When dropping our grandson off last weekend, my son-in-law gave me an older trolling motor, that was way better then that junker I hadIMG_20221023_145723262_HDR.jpg I removed my old one, and filled the holes with an epoxy. I never liked the trolling motor being on the left side of the boat cause that's the side I always climb up on. So I got the, new to me, trolling motor mounted and took it out for a ride today. Not much color left in the trees anymore, at least not as much as last week.IMG_20221029_161038440_HDR.jpg They went and pulled the plug on my lake. They lowering the water level to winter pool, for some reasons I don't understand? I was putting in about the time a fishing tournament was ending, good. IMG_20221029_145540173_HDR.jpg All them fast boats can sure make the water rough. Trolling motor worked out Excellent [emoji106]!IMG_20221029_162909621_HDR.jpg

When I got home I plucked the green tomatoes off the vines, they were going to rot before they ripen anyhow. IMG_20221025_154215676_HDR.jpg
Built a fire and fried them things up.IMG_20221029_191800670_HDR.jpgIMG_20221029_192356936_HDR.jpg Not to bad for the first time, if I do say so myself.
Roy

jason

fear no beer
So we just got back from a week in Sautee Nacoochee, GA at a cabin we borrowed. Made a stop at Carrol's Sausage on the way as we were told it is a must. Nice selection of different sausages and some really good bacon. Didn't really try anything else. Did some hiking around the area, Hemlock Falls - nice hike along the creek, wife and boys didn't make it to the top but my daughter and I did. Path is not paved, lots of roots and rocks to walk over, but well worth it. Parking was tough with my wife's van as it is a single lane gravel road, and it scrapped the bottom getting into parking spot. Wouldn't mind doing the longer hike. We also did Ruby Anne Ruby Falls, another hike up the mountain, but on a paved path. This time we all made it up. We did the old mining cave, Consolidated Gold Mine, where you be about 200 feet under ground. Tour guide was great, did some panning for gold after, and then we had to pay for the gem buckets. Expensive but would do the cave tour again. Visited Brasstown Bald, highest point in Ga, supposed to see 4 states. Was pretty foggy when we got there, but cleared up. Took the bus from parking to the top, then walked down. Short walk, but very steep. Also spent some time in Helen for Octoberfest. Had one really, really good meal at a German restaurant, the other one was more American, and oddly more expensive. Did some other short walking hikes around the area. Also spent some time just relaxing at the cabin. A late start most mornings for my wife and boys, and sadly the boys weren't into the hiking much this time. Overall it was a good trip, my daughter has asked for more walks with me which is awesome. Now its back to work for me. Going to start pulling up our sweet potatoes and moving mulch around, as we go camping in two weeks. Lets home we get some cooler weather by then.

Attachments

Roybrew

Nice looking area. Never been there. Not far from western NC. Good pictures too. Look like you had a teddy [emoji199] visitor.

(The Great Outdoors)

Roybrew

Cleaning up the yard. Beautiful weather 70 daytime 50 at night. I bet if I was going camping the weather would be 20s at night 30s during the day with heavy rain, lightning and high winds. But I've got lots of leaves to clean up. IMG_20221102_153714244_HDR.jpg I mow over and mulch what I can, and thicker portions get loaded in the trailer to haul off.IMG_20221102_154632219_HDR.jpg this is one of 4 popular trees in my yard. They are very large, and drop lots of leaves. I hope you all are doing well.
Roy

(The Great Outdoors)

Roybrew

Yesterday was another beautiful November dayIMG_20221104_162647622_HDR.jpg 72 degrees and breezy.

A good night's sleep and we are going to go bicycle riding. We figure we better enjoy this nice weather because it can change anytime.
Roy

(The Great Outdoors)

Roybrew

We had a great week end. We went bicycle riding Saturday. IMG_20221105_122605339.jpgIMG_20221105_131955852_HDR.jpg there was an old mill dam here many years ago.IMG_20221105_122336684_HDR.jpg The water level was very high, abnormally high especially as dry as it has been. the ducks were sure enjoying it.IMG_20221105_133654075_HDR.jpg And here is what was causing the higher water level.IMG_20221105_134757715_HDR.jpgWe found bunches of hickory nut also, [emoji39]. The wind was blowing enough to shake them out of the tree. They were falling as I was picking them up. One hit me when it fell, ouch it really [emoji856] hurt. I put a couple of pounds in my pack to take home. Won't be a lot when cracked, but they'll be good.

Sunday we took the boat to the lake for the afternoon. Unbelievable November weather. They are dropping the lake levels and that is exposing old building sites that have been under the water during full pool. We beached the boat on an island where an old store, warehouse, school or something was here.IMG_20221106_124414787_HDR.jpgIMG_20221106_124405561.jpgThe foundation can still be made outIMG_20221106_132812442_HDR.jpg We found a glass green marble, shards of old pottery, pieces of decorative wrought iron and my wife found an old clay marbleIMG_20221106_162429.jpg The clay marble was an excellent find.

We had a great week end. The weather has been fabulous. Supposed to start getting colder.
Roy

(The Great Outdoors)

Attachments

Roybrew

Oh does anyone know what that concrete trough was used for? It was leaning over on the drain pipe. It was about a foot deep and 36 inches long. Solid concrete.

(The Great Outdoors)

Roybrew

Still picking away at my backrests IMG_20221111_120632227_HDR.jpg I've got some stitching on the straps to do.

(The Great Outdoors)

Roybrew

Uh what a week. Noticed the car tires were looking a little thin, so 4 new tires and a 4 wheel alignment. That was Friday. Saturday was relaxing at the book stores, and then going to an outdoor store and getting sticker shock. Got up Sunday [emoji560] morning thinking it's going to be another great day. Yep that went the way of the DoDo bird. No hot water. Uhn. Old gas water heater manufacturer date 1992, time for a new one. View attachment 3733 I'm tired and broke.

My bracket idea for the seat backs aren't going to work outIMG_20221118_175226257_HDR.jpgThey look good and all, but, the strap slides down on the metal bracket and wads up at the bottom. I need another way to attach to back rest. [emoji362] Maybe sew a button hole in end of strap, then screw on to backrest? Then I'll have to figure out how to attach the other end to seat rung. Ugh. I've got another project for a Christmas present for my wife. I best get started on it. It'll be a base cabinet display case for her collection. It'll be constructed of black walnut with glass shelves and glass inlaid top. So I hung the canoe back up, and I'll ponder on it.
Roy

The Great Outdoors