The Shoot The Bull Thread

Northern Dancer

Well...with tongue in cheek, as they say, is there a seat already manufactured that might just take care of the problem for you? What I do sort of is steal an idea from a manufacturer and come up with my own plan..that could be a plan. Just saying. :Unsure:

I have to admit you've got a beauty there.

Roybrew

Thank you, steal? What. Maybe borrow some one else's idea. I'll come up with something.

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

First time I've fished on this section of the lake in many years.IMG_20221202_143017811_HDR.jpg This area used to be my favorite place to fish in the winter. There was a coal fired power plant here that would discharge warm water into the river. I'd walk the bank and fish for crappie, bluegill, bass, catfish and my favorite[emoji39] walleye. Now a person is not allowed to bank fish here anymore. Boats are allowed, but it gets very shallow in the winter. IMG_20221202_155907993_HDR.jpg I took my 13' Mohawk and double blade kayak paddle IMG_20221202_130029040_HDR.jpg there is a pretty steady current, so a person has to stay paddling to keep up on it. Spotted a couple of eagles watching meIMG_20221202_125550950.jpgIMG_20221202_130014352_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Oh well the big one got away. It was a very large Small mouth bass. It was one of those kinds that you take a good picture of yourself holding it, with a big stupid smile on your face, then you let it go after giving it a name like Walter, Goliath or something like that. Going to register my bigger canoe and mount the motor on it. Get it ready to go again. Me gots lot of fishes waiting on me.
Roy

The Great Outdoors

jason

fear no beer
After a few changes we finally got to do a little camping. Got to test the new tent out, 12 person this time. We had room for all five of us, plus storage which was nice. Although the wife is now talking about our own tent as the kids get older. Tent was easy to setup also. Nothing super fancy, an Ozark Trail tent. Had some loud neighbors unfortunately, however I think it swayed the wife to do more remote camping. But after a stressful work month, getting away just for that little bit was nice. Might have to come up with a home school program for the kids for when we go camping/hiking.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

Attachments

Roybrew

Good deal. Nothing wrong with the Ozark Trail brand. Take care of them and don't put it to the extreme, and it'll last several years. I'm thinking the one I've got is about 12 years old. Like me tho, it has weathered several years and plenty of storms[emoji4].

Glad your wife likes camping. It's great to get out.
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

Shew boy! It supposed to get really cold hereScreenshot_20221221-225341-742.jpg it would be fun to be camping in a hot tent.

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

Screenshot_20221222-175841-786.jpg I'm the little red marker down in the south. It was about 50 F here today. Bring it on!
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Northern Dancer

Who wanted the snow? Guess what? It's only 8:26 AM and this stuff is going to be falling all day into tomorrow afternoon.

Roybrew

Oh lucky you. It's quarter till 9 and 5 degrees F. All we get is a little fine dusting stuff.IMG_20221223_083701799.jpgIMG_20221223_083705456_HDR.jpg How's your alls outdoor temperature?

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

Great! Pecan pies are in the oven. I was in my shop getting ready to make some cuts on a walnut cabinet I'm making, and the power went out. Glad we have a gas fireplace and a Coleman stove. Strange how dependent we become on electricity.

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

Not a good time for the power to be out.Screenshot_20221223-113126-566.jpg Screenshot_20221223-112956-639.jpg going to be lots of cold people. I'm fortunate that we have the natural gas, and a wood stove in the basement. We had left over chili in the refrigerator. Now it's on the wood stove. I won't starve.
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Cappy

OOOPs! went out wrapped faucet turned it off forgot to drain hose left it full and it froze and blew end off. coulda been worse I guess just need a replacement end but sure feel stupid making that tenderfoot mistake was slap wore out from picking all our ciitrus and divvying it into 75 bags and hand delivering it to all our neighbors. Tough job for an ole guy in bad shape but the wife and I with the help from abo ve got it doe in time for Christmas

Roybrew

Wow 75 bags, that's quite a hull Cappy. I was fortunate our water didn't freeze anywhere. My crawl space is closed up pretty good, and any pipes that may possibly freeze have been insulated. We have a utility room near the carport, and it has the washer & dryer and a half bath. When I built it on I insulated the hound out of the pipes, cause there ain't no way of getting under that floor except tearing it out.

I started a base display cabinet last month. Making it out of barn find black walnut. My brother gave us some tempered glass 20+ years ago, and I am now building a cabinet with those as top and shelves. The sides and doors will be thinner store bought glass. I'm working on the frame work part of it Quite a project. A little at a time. I was putting my last nail in the trim around the side glass, and guess what? Yep ya got it. Cracked the glass panelingView attachment 3849 arrrh umph ooh well. Got to pry my trim off and get another piece of glass. I'm getting good at cutting glass View attachment 3851View attachment 3852
RoyIMG_20221224_154126815_HDR.jpg

The Great Outdoors

Cappy

when we started passing out bags of citrus with our Christmas cards around 15 years ago there wasn't as many houses in our neighborhood. They built more and now the 2 big blocks are almost full. took us all morning to fill the bags and 3 and a half hours to deliver them all last few in the dark. Very hard tiring day but very good feeling to get it done. we also bagged 20 extra for other friends in town and had 8 left so we brought them to church each bag had a small Christmas bag in it with a hand full of kissies and a couple candy canes. they all had one of our Christmas cards with them.

Northern Dancer

when we started passing out bags of citrus with our Christmas cards around 15 years ago there wasn't as many houses in our neighborhood. They built more and now the 2 big blocks are almost full. took us all morning to fill the bags and 3 and a half hours to deliver them all last few in the dark. Very hard tiring day but very good feeling to get it done. we also bagged 20 extra for other friends in town and had 8 left so we brought them to church each bag had a small Christmas bag in it with a hand full of kissies and a couple candy canes. they all had one of our Christmas cards with them.
-----> That's fantastic Cappy. Some people are encouraged to keep on going in life because of the kindness you have shown to others. Thank You. I also want to take the opportunity to wish you and your family a new year filled with blessings.

jason

fear no beer
Well none of the snow you all had made it down here. High 20's to low 30's. Wasn't even cold enough long enough for our chickens water to freeze. But it was a nice change for us. Glad to see everyone made it out ok, heard some horror stories from friends up north. Love to hear about that tradition Cappy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and in 2023 may your worst day be better then the best day of 2022.