Video- 14 hogs down with thermal scope

theblakester

Started the night with a coyote shot from about 100 yds. Spun around for a few seconds and fell over. Bullet entered behind shoulder and exited front of shoulder. That video didn't record (forgot to enable video mode on the Reap-ir) but it did remind me to enable video on the scope which allowed me to get the next 14 confirmed hog kills from this sounder on video.
Couple hours later driving/scanning I spotted "a couple" hogs.....
equipment used: 12.5" ARP upper in 6.8 SPCII from Eric at Blackstone Arms. Reap-IR thermal scope from Cliff at Third Coast Thermal. Sig Sauer 762 titanium QD suppressor from Silencer Shop. Helmet mounted PVS-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cappy

Very nice vid and hunt man!!! The hogs aint invaded our lil neck o da woods yet but just yesterday a neighbor got one in a trap. We heard they were making their way up the river from below New Orleans so he had set a couple traps. What yall do with all the meat?? Curious chubby Cajuns wonder

theblakester

Very nice vid and hunt man!!! The hogs aint invaded our lil neck o da woods yet but just yesterday a neighbor got one in a trap. We heard they were making their way up the river from below New Orleans so he had set a couple traps. What yall do with all the meat?? Curious chubby Cajuns wonder
Thanks! I keep my freezer and the landowners freezer full as well as his and my friends. Other than that they make great coyote bait. And the turkey buzzards appreciate it!
They're fun to hunt, but can be a real nuisance for landowners. Knocking over feeders, messing up fences, destroying land and crops. Cost landowners lots of time and money. Texas is 99% privately owned and public lands have baiting laws etc.. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few landowners that allow me the opportunity to earn their trust on their property and has been mutually beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk