What are your top 5 best outdoor states? :D

taylor1440

Hi guys, I am new here and this is my first thread. :D

What is your favorite outdoor state and why?
Mind would probably be Alaska. Lots of fun things you can do there!

I stumbled upon this website and Wyoming got the first spot, do you agree?
Here's the link.

How about you? Do you have a favorite state for outdoors? Please share! :D

MacGyver

I'd love to know how they came up with those rankings. I can't see people opting for the flat states in the middle of the country when the coastal states and close neighbors offer mountains, lakes, streams and oceans. Maybe I'm biased as hell, but Western Maryland alone has got to have more to offer an outdoorsman than Kansas and Oklahoma.

Roybrew

Wow, I really don't know. I'm a bit heart broken that Tennessee did that bad. But east Tennessee is where I do most my camping, fishing and hiking, yeh I need to get out more. Hey ya know what they used to tell me when I moved here from northern Michigan in the 70's? " Ya know how to keep the south beautiful? Put a Yankee on a bus." Just being being funny here... well guess I better go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

They are all so different and so in their own rights ya could argue for ya favorite convincingly. What makes this a good thread is no two people will agree. Take the states they listed as worst. Texas is prolly the most diverse state in the union. desert, coast, plains, etc etc. One of my personal favorite is the finger lake region of up state N.Y. Of course I love the swamp and marsh of South Louisiana and its a good thing too.:Tongue:

Grandpa

For you heartbroken, I'll gladly give you Idaho's spot. Too many tourists as it is. Also, Montana has tremendous PR pushing their BIG SKY. way over rated in my opinion. Montana does have Glacier and the Bob but most of the state is just rolling prarie except for the west side. Actually, Nevada is the most mountainous of the lower 48. It all depends on what you like.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I've camped and hunted in a lot of places; just about every terrain possible. I liked them all. As a matter of fact, the only things I ever found to dislike were some of the laws and rules imposed. But you can't blame that on the land.

ppine

Forester
I would list states like Alaska, Montana, Washington, Oregon and Wyoming.
Now that I am older I like Nevada, California and Oregon the best. The weather is good, we have a long outdoor season. It is not too wet. I will be heading to the lower desert soon for some bush camping and bird chasing. This is the time of year I get itchy feet and it was difficult in the Rocky Mtn states to get out much except in the snow.

ppine

Forester
Just remeber that Nevada is nothing but rocks and cactus.
No matter where you go, there you are.
The secret is not to get what you want, but want what you have.
That goes for where you live also.

SharBear

Hi guys, I am new here and this is my first thread. :D

What is your favorite outdoor state and why?
Mind would probably be Alaska. Lots of fun things you can do there!

I stumbled upon this website and Wyoming got the first spot, do you agree?
Here's the link.

How about you? Do you have a favorite state for outdoors? Please share! :D[/QUOT

Missouri is my favorite because I live there and love the beauty, but traveling and enjoying the great outdoors I would have to say Colorado or Idaho.

ppine

Forester
To be objective about it, Alaska and Montana are probably the best states, but you better like winter and you better be willing to be under employed.

taylor1440

Thanks, guys! I did not know this thread has posts now. I am interested to visit Georgia, Texas and even Oklahoma (because of the Hop Jam festival). And I agree, every state has lots of things to offer.

MMullins

New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado and Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk