What is a good youth to shoot a gun?

Andrea

I'm 13 and I'm looking for a good rifle/shotgun. I have experienced a little i have only a few times because my mom hates it, but my dad does not work as a hunter safety. I want something that is not expensive, like the $ 350 budget MAX Recoil does not make that a lot of problems unless it's really that bad.

Grandpa

At 13, you cannot buy a rifle or shotgun. You will have to wait until you are older. In the meantime, look up your states Natural Resources department to find the nearest Hunter Safety course. You may have to have parental permission to even sign up for that. If your father is looking to buy a shotgun, Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 are both very good choices. Recoil on a 12 gauge doesn't bother my granddaughters at 12 -14 years but if it worries you a 20 gauge is nearly as good. The best choice for a rifle is dependent on your intended use. Also look into the schools in your area. Shooting clubs are starting to show up again. Some states are even setting up state tournaments.

Roybrew

I used to hunt with a single shot 20 gage or a 410. Both were great shot guns, but I always hunted squirrel or rabbit.

Grandpa has great advice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk