What is the best size yeti cooler for camping

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by Md Abdur Rasheed, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Happy Joe

Happy Joe Apprenntice Geezer

Media:
    Albums:
    For me, just me, a 30 quart pelican works pretty well for weekenders to long weekender camping; 3-4 days.
    I selected Pelican brand for the latches as opposed to rubber closures.
    for extended camping I expect to try a 12 volt fridge this next year....
    cooler with trayDSCF0261.jpg
    Steam table tray and home grown adaptor not included from Pelican.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. Mathew169

Mathew169 New Member

Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler is the best size Yeti Cooler for camping.
  3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We have had this discussion before and for my 2 cents I have grown too old fat and sedentary to lift and cary much over a48 qt. I own and use several of them and would rather have 3 of them along than one big hawking one that I cant move alone. I always bring 2 on fishing trips one for the fish and one for our stuff.
  4. Denni2

Denni2 Member

Media:
    We did a lot of research before we purchased an expensive cooler and we decided on a 35qt Engle. We love the cooler, and yes it is worth the money. But it is large and hard to pack around so we also purchased 2 -25qt Engle coolers. We will use all of the coolers at different times. I really prefer 2 smaller coolers one for drinks and one for food. Also much lighter and easier to handle.
    Cappy likes this.
  5. ppine

ppine Forester

Yesterday I brought home a 52 quart Lost Creek cooler sold by Sportsman's Warehouse. It cost $200. One of the things that sold me on it, was two wheels on one side. It has two drains, one on each side. It has a place for tie down straps, plus all of the other features of more expensive coolers.
    Cappy likes this.