What is the best size yeti cooler for camping

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
For me, just me, a 30 quart pelican works pretty well for weekenders to long weekender camping; 3-4 days.
I selected Pelican brand for the latches as opposed to rubber closures.
for extended camping I expect to try a 12 volt fridge this next year....
cooler with trayDSCF0261.jpg
Steam table tray and home grown adaptor not included from Pelican.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Cappy

We have had this discussion before and for my 2 cents I have grown too old fat and sedentary to lift and cary much over a48 qt. I own and use several of them and would rather have 3 of them along than one big hawking one that I cant move alone. I always bring 2 on fishing trips one for the fish and one for our stuff.

Denni2

We did a lot of research before we purchased an expensive cooler and we decided on a 35qt Engle. We love the cooler, and yes it is worth the money. But it is large and hard to pack around so we also purchased 2 -25qt Engle coolers. We will use all of the coolers at different times. I really prefer 2 smaller coolers one for drinks and one for food. Also much lighter and easier to handle.

ppine

Forester
Yesterday I brought home a 52 quart Lost Creek cooler sold by Sportsman's Warehouse. It cost $200. One of the things that sold me on it, was two wheels on one side. It has two drains, one on each side. It has a place for tie down straps, plus all of the other features of more expensive coolers.

ppine

Forester
In a few weeks I will be headed to the low desert near Death Valley. Not much ice around. I will be curious to see if this is a step up or if I have been duped by advertising.

HillStream

Animals most of the time are better than people
One thing is certain about road trips - you need a cooler. Trust me on this they will save you in the hottest of days. Nobody likes sitting in that big hunk of metal on wheels. I would usually pack some salads or oranges in the cooler. Handly little thing actually, I had the idea to pick it up from https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-cheap-coolers/ Out of drinks, I would make some homemade lemon juice. If I feel like it, I can even make some lollipops. I found quite an interesting video that helped me to pack more carefully
I also repackage everything we put into the cooler into freezer ziplock bags (sometimes double bagged depending on item) or use the Foodsaver to package items that will be open and used up (ie...meat for the grill for dinners) I guess you get the general picture of what we do before our road trip.

Last edited: