What is this ATV platform?

montana1

Hi everyone,

I am new to your folks forum. I've got an F-250 truck and a bed tent (I do not use a camper, as I always travel when it's warm). I have also got an ATV, and sometimes I'm having hard time transporting it.

So wanted to ask you folks, how do you transport your ATVs? Just in bed and fix with straps? I found a cool pic of a special platform, or whatever it is called. It is a special platform for ATV transportation. Does anyone use something like this? Is it convenient? And maybe there is the manufacturer who makes them? Cause I do not seem to find anything suitable.

Photo was taken from https://www.carid.com/gallery/gmc/sierra/2014/custom-gmc-sierra-with-a-roof-top-utv-platform.html

Cappy

Welcome to the forum we look forwards to hearing from ya. I am not familiar with that rig but since ya dont pull a camper a utility trailer seems the way to go thats what all my buddies use.The trailers are reasonable priced easy on and off and do not take up space in ya truck and add space for gear on them. I think das the way to go. Even non camper camping its good to have room for gear.

Grandpa

Welcome to the forums. I've seen similar racks but mostly for snow sleds. But around here, we usually use trailers for both quads and sleds.

montana1

Thanks for replying, guys. So you think the trailer will work better, right?...
You know, before I haven't thought of the extra tranportation means for an atv, yet after I saw the pic I thought maybe that's a cool setup.
Let me check on the trailers then.
Cheers!

Cappy

You mentioned a bed tent I assume ya mean a tent that fits on the bed of ya truck?? if so then a trailer is double handy.

montana1

"" You mentioned a bed tent I assume ya mean a tent that fits on the bed of ya truck?? ""
Yea, it is even called a 'truck bed tent'.... and it is no good, man. When it's raining, all the water gets into the bed of teh truck, and then you weak up feeling that there's water under you...

barty

Pretty sure there are few good truck bed tents available that will keep the bed dry during rain. I would personally prefer the camper. One guy here brought his atv for a new set of tires, atv shocks, and some LED light. It got a good trailer which a good roof that can set up a tent up there. Google for some of these trailer setups with a tent on top.