Your Best Hiking Boots?

doalexander9

Lowa, scarpa make reliable boots. I have lowa mountaineering boots that had tough leather and gore text. I hike the Adirondack mountain with the boots. It has grippy sole on ice and wet rock.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Cappy

Many years ago a boot salesman told me the trick to name brand boots is what glue tey use. He said most boots are all the same quality and durability wise cause they hafta compete. He went on to say the glue used reacts with your feet and thats who some boots stink on ya and some dont pends on the glue. I found this to be very true several years ago when I bought a cheap pair of steel toe work boots at walmart. 3 days later the crew made me take em off out on the deck and leave them there they reeked so bad we couldn't stand em in the bunk room. Ithe next hitch I went back to the ole boot guy and bought me another pair of red wings and never strayed. I gave the stink bombs to a friend of mine who wore them for a couple years no problems.

For my hikers which I wear every day. My go to's have always been timberland I just bought my fourth pair. I wear them constantly and dont even own any tenny shoes just some crocs and moccasins that I use for slippers. yall remember I do not need and sure dont want insulation. These boots last pair cost me 100$ they last around 5 years pending on abuse and I love them I wear em to cut the grass fish hunt well every thing cept Church and love them and most important thing to me........they dont stink:beer3:

Terasec

I have been wearing less boots and more hiking shoes/trail shoes,
so much more comfortable, especially after wearing them on long days or multiple days
most of my hiking has been shorter adventures under 10 miles and lighter loads, so don't need the ankle support as much,
also been really liking my Columbia hiking shoes, next shoes/boots will be looking at Columbia brand first

Cappy

I have a really weak ankle that has been sprung too many times to remember. The short hiking boots give it just enough support to be safe
:beer3:

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
...Used to use the old (heavy & expensive) European style hiking boots; but any more I just buy (non-waterproof) high (for side support) cheap light weight boots from wally mart.... My feet are too uncomfortable in non-breathable, water proof (plastic/goretex lined) boots to consider them.

Enjoy

wildnfree

I've been using a pair of Merrell Moab 2 Hiking Boots for 2 years and it's good. It's waterproof so you dont have to worry when crossing the stream or river.

Roybrew

I've been using a pair of Merrell Moab 2 Hiking Boots for 2 years and it's good. It's waterproof so you dont have to worry when crossing the stream or river.
I always wonder about the water proof ones. If you get water in them, how hard is it to get them to dry? Waterproof I would say be good in cold snowy weather. I was up on a trail last year, in the early spring looking for mushrooms, I accidentally missed a step crossing a creek and buried my leg up to my knee in cold creek water. It was only an hours hike back to the vehicle. My shoes were waterproof as long as you didn't get water over the tops. I took my sock and shoe off, and wrung the water out best I could, and hiked back to the vehicle. Took that shoe a good day to dry out.

ppine

Forester
The best method to break in a pair of boots is still to stand in a creek until everything is good and soaked and then wear them unitl they dry.

Cappy

LOL I guess thats what ya dry landers hafta do. Alls I gotta do this time o year is wear em they get plenty wet as I go about my day. Today I rode down to the lake stopped in at the marina bar y hi and have a beer with the guys I hadda wade through several large puddles in the process trust me just living down here they get several good soakings a day and just wearing em around beats standing in a creek specially since there aint any creeks around and I dont recomend standing in a bayou to soak ya boots.:beer3:

ppine

Forester
Old school boots like Lowa, Raichle and Asolo were strong and provided ankle support but were heavy. I have walked more miles in logging boots than any others. Now I have some Asolo boots that weigh a little over 2 .5 pounds per pair for backpacking. I have some low cut Merell's for day hikes.