Camping is a great adventure outdoors. Cooking can be too. These are some simple and delicious one pot camping meals for a crowd. Simple and easy to prepare, the whole family will love these one pot meals.
Beanie Weenie Pot
This recipe is a big hit cooked over a campfire. Preparation time is only 10 minutes and cook time is 40 minutes. In less than an hour your meal will be ready to enjoy. It makes a pretty big pot, so serving a crowd of campers will be no problem at all.
2 large cans of pork-n-beans
1 pack of hotdogs, cut each one into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1. In a large pot, add the beans. Add the sliced hotdogs to the beans.
2. Add the chopped onions and bell peppers to the beans.
3. Add the barbecue sauce and brown sugar.
4. Stir well until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Cook covered for 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
One Pot Chicken Meal
This is quite a savory dish that kids will love.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water
2 large potatoes diced
3 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 onions, diced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of parsley
1. Place the chicken pieces in the pot along with the soup and water and bring to a boil, stirring to mix ingredients well.
2. Add all of the other ingredients along with the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Let simmer over low fire for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Serve hot and enjoy.
Chicken and Bean Stew
A hearty and filling meal the whole family will enjoy.
2 cans of mixed vegetabes drained
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 can of diced tomatoes, do not drain
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of kidney beans, drained
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the chicken chunks and lightly brown.
2. Add all the other ingredients and seasonings and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes covered, stir every 15 minutes.
4. Serve the stew immediately in bowls. Great served with French bread.