I only bought four items...

Northern Dancer

I know, I know, I lied. Well, not really, maybe some rationalization. But what the heck. I mean really? What's life all about?

So what did I purchase specifically for the canoe trip this year?

2979 2980 2981 2982

CAMP COT - It's an age thing, don't you know? Packs small, is light, really comfortable, and easy to set up. Tested already - I like it.
COT MATTRESS - if you get a new cot ya gotta have a new mattress? Packs small, comfortable, and stops me from rolling off the cot. [That's what they said.]
HOODIE - just a tad of fashion for a cool summer's night. Designed for spring and fall. I bought it because I liked it.
BLANKET - well actually I'm not taking this. I have reserved it for base camp - if I'm lucky to have one this year.

SO, WHAT DID YOU BUY THIS YEAR...come on, be honest.

ppine

Forester
I have one of those cots. Great for canoe trips or other boat trips. I am now going mostly in a drift boat.

Grandpa

Grandma bought a raised dog bed for her baby. We already had a good pad to fit. She also bought a portable flush toilet and a privacy shelter. We'll stick with the bucket and a tarp for backpacking. Most of our trips this year will be primitive camping out of the back of an SUV. Although we are touring Southern Utah this week and camping in a nice motel.
One of the granddaughters has a backpacking trip planned for Northern Idaho and wants us along for another 4 generation trip.

Northern Dancer

Grandma bought a raised dog bed for her baby. We already had a good pad to fit. She also bought a portable flush toilet and a privacy shelter. We'll stick with the bucket and a tarp for backpacking. Most of our trips this year will be primitive camping out of the back of an SUV. Although we are touring Southern Utah this week and camping in a nice motel.
One of the granddaughters has a backpacking trip planned for Northern Idaho and wants us along for another 4 generation trip.
=====> I was thinking to myself Grandpa, you've got more irons in the fire than most of us. And that's just great.:Yo:

Roybrew

Wow 4 generations! That is really great.

I'm ready to by a new cot and 2 burner stove. The cot I have has a metal frame around it. My head and feet are always on one of them, me don't like it. And I miss my good ole Coleman stove on trips. It's malfunctioning and I got tired of fooling around with the white gas. I think it's time to purchase a new one. I don't back pack in so a little bulk and weight are not much of an issue.

Northern Dancer

I certainly hope that I didn't have any influence on your decision Roybrew. :camper:I do really enjoy my military cot at basecamp. It's just like being at home and in my own bed. I've tested my new canoe tripping cot and it's more than comfortable with the mattress. The two items fold down to a small package and are not bulky.

I don't know what kind of mattress you have for your cot Roybrew but there are some good products that might solve your problem. The ones I have are the self-inflating mattress along with a self-inflating pillow.

ppine

Forester
I just bought a new sleeping bag. First one in about 30 years. I got a synthetic bag, Sea to Summit Traverse, 25 degrees. Good for boat trips. It has great zippers. Full length on the left. Half zip on the right . Foot zip. I will sleeping in it this week out in the trailer. Nights are only going to down to low 30s now.

Northern Dancer

-----> Four generations? That's amazing when you think about it. Most families couldn't get a generation at a family picnic let alone a backpacking trip. There has to be a sense of inner pride or sensation to think that all this is possible. Best wishes to you and the family.

Northern Dancer

I just bought a new sleeping bag. First one in about 30 years. I got a synthetic bag, Sea to Summit Traverse, 25 degrees. Good for boat trips. It has great zippers. Full length on the left. Half zip on the right . Foot zip. I will sleeping in it this week out in the trailer. Nights are only going to down to low 30s now.
-----> First time in thirty years? Wow - I need to take a lesson from you. I regularly recycle most of my equipment every three to five years except for sentimental things that are important to me. Remembering in part some of your earlier posts I say that things are looking mighty encouraging. Good for you "Captain", I'm glad you are doing what you want in what seems to be one of your joys in life.