2nd Time on the Water

Roybrew

Yesterday was the 2nd time we've had the canoe out. The sun was climbing in the sky by the time we got out butts in gear. We put in on a local creek that empties into a large river.
under the rail road bridge we went.
the white trunks of the sycamore trees really stand out this time of year.
we slid up on an island to check out the terrain. There looks to be some nice places here to camp.
paddled up stream to check on the beaver den. We went around to it's back door, but didn't want to knock.
we paddled up this creek till we couldn't go any farther.
while I was enjoying the scenery I noticed we were slowing down like going against the current. Got to keep my eye on this one
we had an eagle fly over checking us out
it was getting very warm out, and we were getting hungry. We paddled back toward the creek from where we put in. The old R&R bridge came into site about a half mile from the river.
I went to retrieve the truck while the southern girl was putting on her shoes.

It was a great day on the water.

Northern Dancer

Yesterday was the 2nd time we've had the canoe out. The sun was climbing in the sky by the time we got out butts in gear. We put in on a local creek that empties into a large river.
under the rail road bridge we went.
the white trunks of the sycamore trees really stand out this time of year.
we slid up on an island to check out the terrain. There looks to be some nice places here to camp.
paddled up stream to check on the beaver den. We went around to it's back door, but didn't want to knock.
we paddled up this creek till we couldn't go any farther.
while I was enjoying the scenery I noticed we were slowing down like going against the current. Got to keep my eye on this one
we had an eagle fly over checking us out
it was getting very warm out, and we were getting hungry. We paddled back toward the creek from where we put in. The old R&R bridge came into site about a half mile from the river.
I went to retrieve the truck while the southern girl was putting on her shoes.

It was a great day on the water.
-----> It's a "purdy sight" Roybrew. I wouldn't want to leave that one abandoned for any length of time. Picture four is right out of a canoe sales catalog. I'm guessing to purchase this model I'd better be packing $3000.00 plus. Alas - cooler and colder temperatures are hitting us in this region more regularly curtailing t-shirts and dangling our feet into soft warm water.

Roybrew

Thank you. We are very happy with it. I look forward to making another one. Maybe a smaller, lighter solo canoe for the misses. But right now is like what mom always said, I've got more to do then I could shake a stick at.

Cappy

If you enjoy making it then why not it seems a great project for a busy guy no rush ya can work on it or not for years. Not like something ya GOTTA do on a schedule but a do a bit when ya have time project. Since you very good at it why not?