Campfire Chicken

mamabear

I just came across the best looking chicken recipe for the campfire. This looks simple and tasty. Would probably be good on the grill as well. Anybody tried anything similar?

Cappy

We have always ben huge chicken eaters whether camping or at home. Foil packs, duch oven, open fire, grill etc etc at the risk of sounding like the Buba Gump of chicken lets just say we love it and the possibilities are endless

Gondor

You can't go wrong with chicken. I'm not the person who likes to experiment. When I'm in foreign country and not sure what to order I always ask for grilled chicken.

GA_gal

Mama Bear, we have made something similar to this in the Crock Pot before. I'm sure it would be even better done in tin foil on the grill.

Riverflow

Cappy, that picture makes me want BBQ chicken so bad! If I may ask, what's in the foil and tin pan on the left?

Back on topic, the only experience with chicken I have is on the grill and in the crock pot. I have grilled vegetables in a similar manner though, especially ears of corn, which are simply amazing when they are soaked in butter and seasoning and covered in aluminum foil, just ready to unwrap and enjoy.

Cappy

In the pie pan is wet wood chips adding smoke to the party. In the foil?? I honestly don't remember, that's been several bbq's ago and I drink when I Q. :p

KylieBoK

Does anyone have a favorite Almond Chicken recipe to share?

I had a great almond chicken dish when out at a Peking Palace with my mom and kids last week so Im making it my newest try-it-at-home dish.

I havent found one online that really sounds great, I tried my own version from scratch and with out a recipe last night and it was pretty good. It didnt wow me like the Peking Palace one though.

I am wondering if anyone has a favorite version theyd like to share?

ppine

Forester
One of my favorite ways to cook chicken is stacked enchiladas in a Dutch Oven.
The other good way is Mexican style with onions, garlic, green chiles and tomatillos.