Checklist

savvyninja

Well, speaking of camping food has anyone tried dried foods by Wise? I've used a lot of different brands in the past but mostly Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry but this stuff is the most bang for my buck. I found it online in outdoor camping supplies and it's good and cheap. What's your favorite brand?

kreso93

Well, speaking of camping food has anyone tried dried foods by Wise? I've used a lot of different brands in the past but mostly Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry but this stuff is the most bang for my buck.
I tried Mountain House, they have some good stuff :)

Refrigerator

Well, speaking of camping food has anyone tried dried foods by Wise? I've used a lot of different brands in the past but mostly Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry but this stuff is the most bang for my buck. I found it online in outdoor camping supplies and it's good and cheap. What's your favorite brand?
yes I have purchased Wise foods.. They are very good. I am a dooms day prep-er and have chosen Wise 25 year shelf life as my choice for long term food.

HighOutdoors

What about a tarp or somekind of cover? Rope/twine/string? Water procurement (container for boiling and sanitizing water)? A knife? Fire making (lighter, matches, ect)

ppine

Forester
It is useful to leave things out on purpose to see if you really miss them. I never make lists except for hunting trips. That way I routinely forget something and do without it or make a substitute.

BillShiphr

In my opinion, you've missed one of the most important details -camping hammock. You know, this very tool will help you to enjoy the nights with the sky full of stars. That's why I recommend you to have a look at the reviews and choose a good one because it really matters.

Northern Dancer

...I have an extensive list of every piece of equipment I own. I check off the things that I need and want when I've decided where I'm going, how long, who with and the conditions that I will be tripping/camping. The need determines what I take rather than my personal likes and dislikes. If [and it rarely happens] I'm with a group a quartermaster is appointed to assure there is no duplication of group equipment. It would normally be impossible to have two saws or two hatchets etc.

Like we have been instructed, "You pack it in...you pack it out." "You can bring what you want - but if there is no room in the canoe it stays behind, with or without you."

SteveCNJ

Tools is a broad category and I haven't seen fishing equipment noted. Also a GPS that can summon help if you have no cell signal. Seeds to grow your own food. Bear spray, a handgun, rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Roybrew

I suck at making lists. I understand and realize the importance of it. @SteveCNJ welcome aboard. I like the thought of survivalist, but then reality sets in. Of course I'm to much of a suburbanite. Ha

Mountaineer

Hatchet and a knife., I imagine stuff that I can create for survival using those blades. I always carry not just one conventional firelighter to be safe and I prefer to have some energy bars, too.