Destination Exploration

Roybrew

Wow that has a nice ring to it, Destination Exploration, ha! Scoot over Shakespeare and Milton here comes ole Roy, the poet that didn't know it. Ha I made a funny!

Nailed down a date to go camping with my brother. We prefer boat in primitive camping, but we aren't opposed to a nice drive in and dump it out on a cushy camp ground site either. As long as the price is right. Which just doesn't appear to be the case this time. I'm not paying 40 bucks a night to plop a tent out, so we decided to explore the islands for a possible free site.
We've done that before on other lakes with some success. One time we found a great tent site in a log chocked cove. We pushed and pulled floating logs so we could clear a path. It was a great secluded spot, maybe to secluded. You could get attacked and mauled by Bigfoot and nobody would hear you scream....eeww. But if something happened to the boat, you would either have to swim a mile across the lake, or grow hooves like a goat, and climb the mountain behind you to get out.

This would make a great discussion: Campsites Gone Awry. I'm sure lots of you all on here have had these experiences.

Anyhow I'm curious what kind of maps and literature some of you all pour over looking for good spots to camp?

I've been looking at satellite images and lake maps to find a possible good spot on islands to camp. And since our camping trips included lots of fishing, I've been looking at Navionics Charts so I can plot possible fishing spots.

I know my Grammer sucks.
Roy

Roybrew

I was waiting on the wife and just happened to look on here. Yes I agree PPine. That is a blast when drifting by spots that look great for shore lunches and camping. It's the thrill of adventure.