Easy 1 person set up of 4 person tent by active senior

Citycyclegal

I gave up my VW camper when I moved to the city after being widowed. I love camping and will continue to do so for a week or 2 at a time. I have a Kelty 4 person dome tent that needs to be replaced. I will be camping mostly in New England/Canada. I have searched reviews of many tents, but would like any suggestions from people that have set up a tent on their own easily. Any suggestions would be appreciated by me and my dog! Keep On Camping no matter what your age! lol

ppine

Forester
I like modern dome tents with external poles and clips. Easy to set up with one person. No sleeves to mess with. Good tents often have color coded poles. Spend at least $200 or a little more and you can find a good tent to suit your needs. A 4 person tent should be tall enough to stand up in, and have plenty of room for a cot and a chair if you want one, and a couple of dogs.

Grandpa

I agree with everything Ppine said. Two things that set better tents apart are aluminum poles rather than fiberglass, and a full rainfly versus a partial fly.

Citycyclegal

Thanks, everyone, that's what my Kelty tent is a dome, rainfly, etc. very good aluminum poles...not fiberglass...I've noticed that many tents have fiberglass these days, and people have mentioned them splitting. I was looking for a particular brand that people may like, and found durable. Yes, you get what you pay for, so happy to spend $. I just bought an Exped Mega Mat, and used it Acadia this past week. It is phenomenal compared to the ones I've used in the past. Well worth every cent!