Father's Day Relaxation

Roybrew

Yep I should've taken the grill. I really need to plan ahead sometimes. We got on the lake fairly early yesterday. I was afraid it would packed with pleasure craft, but it was really quiet till the afternoon. We pulled up on an island to check out a future prospective camp site.Screenshot_20230619-140759-884.png
This screen shot taken when the water was down. When the water is up to normal pool, the saddle is almost completely covered with water. On the saddle the bees are enjoying the blooming plants.IMG_20230618_111007768_HDR.jpgIMG_20230618_111012358_HDR.jpg
There is quite a bit of sand on this saddle part of the island. I guess it makes it more appealing to us. Most areas of this lake are red clay. The sand, and chipped red clay shale made for easy beaching.IMG_20230618_103333595_HDR.jpg
I have noticed that it has been very hazy for past few weeks. I'm guessing it's from the from the fires north in Canada.IMG_20230618_103935054.jpg
It has been cooler here then normal, and were wondering if it's because of the smoke in the air?IMG_20230618_113612093_HDR.jpg
Another island about a mile south has become a nesting area for the Cormorants. I don't think these birds are indigenous to this area. Their "poo" will kill all vegetation on this island, I hope they stay here and leave the other ones alone.

We found a few primitive campsites, and they looked pretty good. Wasn't trashed up very bad. There doesn't appear to be many people primitive camping here any more. We didn't see anyone camping on these islands.
It was a nice day to be out.
Roy

Attachments

jason

fear no beer
Nice, although that stinks about the birds. I ended up working around the house as they wife and kids didn't get home until about 5pm. Attempted to make some salmon for them as a welcome home dinner and overcooked the salmon. Guess thats what I get for using an oven.

Roybrew

It's been years since I've had salmon. I don't think I liked it much tho. When I was a young rug rat, we lived in northern Michigan, right below the UP. Dad would catch salmon, and all kinds of other fish and animals, I guess trying to keep 7 kids fed was a hefty chore. A noise woke me up on night, I think I was maybe 7, and I noticed the dining room light was on. When I went in there, Mom and Dad were cutting up these huge salmon into steaks. Yep butcher knife and hand saw.
Roy

Roybrew

Nice, although that stinks about the birds. I ended up working around the house as they wife and kids didn't get home until about 5pm. Attempted to make some salmon for them as a welcome home dinner and overcooked the salmon. Guess thats what I get for using an oven.
Oh I meant say, women secretly like when a man screws up a meal. Sort of like Pooh looking at a honey bee hivePooh's_Lullabee.jpg

Ha to much coffee. Got to go to work. Later.
Roy