Finallly some Snow

ppine

Forester
The Big One has arrived after a dry year. The official snow total at Mammoth Mtn in the southern Sierra for the last couple of days is 9 feet. Around 2-3 feet at Lake Tahoe. About a foot here in the Valley at 5,000 feet. More on the way next week. Thank God. It is like money in the bank.

Northern Dancer

The Big One has arrived after a dry year. The official snow total at Mammoth Mtn in the southern Sierra for the last couple of days is 9 feet. Around 2-3 feet at Lake Tahoe. About a foot here in the Valley at 5,000 feet. More on the way next week. Thank God. It is like money in the bank.
=====> Sorry to hear about the shortage of snow "Pine". if I could figure it out I would send you some of ours - we are doing okay with snow in our neck of the woods. :Smile2:

ppine

Forester
We have gone from around 50% of normal snowpack to 80% in one storm. More this week.
My 4wd truck is stuck in the driveway.

Roybrew

Last snow we had, other then a few flurries, was Christmas Day
a few days later it just melted away. I took boat out to run it, and went fishing of course.
I hope it snows some more.

ppine

Forester
Rain and 5 inches of snow this morning, April 14. People think that Nevada is hot and dry. Not the northern part. We are at 5,000 feet in a valley.
It is the Sagebrush Ocean.

Roybrew

Wow! That is truly different area then I'm used to. 70 degrees and mostly sunny here. Planing camping trip in a couple of weeks since it's warming up a little. I don't enjoy crawling out of a nice warm sleeping bag when it's below 40 degrees.

Northern Dancer

...that's got to be real nice Roybrew - in this neck of the wood we are told every year not to plant the fowers until at least the 24th of May. So, while things are beginning to warm up, it's still chilly for many.

ppine

Forester
The spring east of the Sierra is highly variable. It will be 78 degrees by this weekend, but we still sometimes get snow in May. The secret is to chose the right time to go on a trip. Modern weather forecasting really helps. We have to be flexible to hit the good weather. Patience pays off.

Grandpa

We ate 8n southern Utah today and was in a little snow squall. Word from home was it snowed a couple inches yesterday but my cousin in Wyoming said they had 10 inches today and still coming down. Any month with R can get snow and I have seen snow rarely at least once in the other 4 months.

Northern Dancer

...speaking of snow. There is a weather advisory for this community today. At this very moment, I'm watching the snow fall that will accumulate to the depth of two inches. I'm watching snowflakes bouncing off the budding trees and shrubs. Yep, that's the kind of stuff I need to bolster my inner spirit. The winds are higher and the sky looks like it's going to throw up. A little Scotch might calm my hostilities. Oh, sweet summer, how dearly you are missed.