Idea For Camping Bag

Roybrew

Working on an idea to make my own camping bag. I want something that can hold my tent, fry pan, pot, stove and a few items. I figured I would make a 1/4 inch plywood box and then make a canvas bag for it to fit in. I want it rigid so i can organized things. Every thing needs its own place, so i dont have to scratch my head and dig around. Just something to keep supplied, so if I get a chance to go at last minute, I can grab camping bag off shelf throw in boat or canoe and ready to go. Size ain't exact yet, I'm just working on idea. Not for use for hiking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

I admire ya Roy and dearly love seeing your projects. Thank you so very much. For years a big plastic/rubber tote lived by my front door it was my camping box. it doubled as a place to put hat and shoes and stuff right by the door. Inside was camping gear kitchen, sleeping and camping hardware. I remember it being there since the early 80's. it was sorta bug out, emergency stuff kit and the contents changed over the years my thing was every time I went out and forgot something that I really missed i would put it in the box. About 10 years ago when we bought our lil 18 ft camper it became my "bug out kit. Alls that is missing is food we dont keep that in there cause of the summer heat.

Roybrew

Thanks for the encouragement and compliments Grandpa, I'll post when I start on it.

Yes like you Cappy, I have the big plastic totes where I store lots of camping stuff. When ever I get ready to go, I dig through them to make sure I have what I need. It's always a mess when I get where I'm going, and I always have to dig around in it to find what I need. I really take to much junk when I go. I'm hoping if I can make something with specific compartments, then I can reduce the frustrating clutter and enjoy camping more.

I do have to much time to think, and plot, at work. Right now it's just an idea, but I've got to get a book case done that's been dragging on to long.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Grandpa

I built a dedicated backpacking closet in my cave room. My wanderings take me from desert to high mountain peaks so my pack contents vary with the destination, season, and partners. I can usually be packed in less than half an hour if the need for speed arises. The half hour is to repack tent and bag. They stay fluffed and hanging when not in use. Our tailgating stuff is in totes just like Cappy and Roy. Our bugout bag stays in the SUV, just add water, except we keep 4 liters in there along with filters.

ppine

Forester
I really like the old canvas canoe packs for hauling geat around. Duluth Pack makes some great ones. Sometimes I even use them on overnight canoe trips.